Insurance is strange!?!

/ Insurance is strange!?! #71  
I can be done. I’d practice for a few years before you do one where it really counts. What is a q tip tree?
If the tree is strong enough, and the ground wet enough, depending on what type of tree it is, and it’s root system, it’s sometimes safer to pull the whole tree over, root ball and all rather than trying to coordinate cutting and pulling balance act.
Depending on the weight of tree and how much lean, it usually doesn’t take much force to pull the top of a tree over. Most of the weight is on the stump. An RTV could still be too light. The higher the rope, the more leverage you can pull with….BUT the more leverage, the more you could snap the trunk, and the more you’re pulling “downhill”. That is, the less traction your rear tires have and more weight the pulling vehicle needs as pulling forces try to lift rear tires.
When doing back cut I have very little tension on rope. Pay attention when saw starts to pinch. Have wedges to put in place when it does. Don’t try to coordinate pulling with cutting. Don’t cut through your hinge. Make hinge big enough to hold tree from going wrong way, but thin enough tractor can pull tree over when you’re safely away.
Make your initial wedge cut open enough so that wedge doesn’t close up too early when tree is falling and it pops your hinge.
Make sure the species doesn’t have brittle fibers. I was trying to pull over a white pine. Soon as you pull, the hinge fibers snap, you lose all directional control and gravity takes over.
sounds good to me, thx

a q tip tree for me is one of my many loblollys, it's a tree farm and trees are 35? years old.

they are straight as an arrow, no branches until the top, then a round crown.....looks to me like a q tip ......