Insurance Rant!

/ Insurance Rant! #2  
So far, ours maybe went up $100 a month ( total, not every month it raises 100) over the last 9 years. 3 vehicles with full coverage, the house with out buildings and a million dollar rider for injuries. State farm.

Had a few small claims nothing in the last couple of years

Last edited:
   / Insurance Rant! #3  
Wow, time for renewal and my homeowners went up 37% and autos up 55%. Never had a claim on either. Time to start shopping around…..may have to sell a kidney to pay!
I suggest shopping with an independent agent. They can shop many different companies to get you the best rate.
A captive agent doesn't have that capability !

/ Insurance Rant! #4  
I suggest shopping with an independent agent. They can shop many different companies to get you the best rate.
A captive agent doesn't have that capability !
Not always. Our local independent that we started out with gave us great prices, within 6 months they about doubled the premium.

Dropped them and went with state farm. Our guy is great. My wife backed into a maple in yard. Crushed the rear piller and killed the windows in her jeep grand Cherokee. He wrote it up as an act of nature. He asked her if the tree attacked her vehicle while smiling. $100 deductible vs a 500 deductible. Local guy in a podunk town.

I smoked a deer with my truck once, they never even looked at the truck. They were amazed I had a police report. They fixed it

Service wise, I can't argue

/ Insurance Rant! #5  
Just got out renewal for autos yesterday 50% increase, homeowners went up about 15%. I think the crazy prices for vehicle replacements, parts, and repair are showing up in claims costs.

/ Insurance Rant! #6  
Not always. Our local independent that we started out with gave us great prices, within 6 months they about doubled the premium.

Dropped them and went with state farm. Our guy is great. My wife backed into a maple in yard. Crushed the rear piller and killed the windows in her jeep grand Cherokee. He wrote it up as an act of nature. He asked her if the tree attacked her vehicle while smiling. $100 deductible vs a 500 deductible. Local guy in a podunk town.

I smoked a deer with my truck once, they never even looked at the truck. They were amazed I had a police report. They fixed it

Service wise, I can't argue
then your independent didn't shop, or may not have many companies to choose from . I have yet been able beat my independent agent's prices. When my rates rise, he shops me with another company

/ Insurance Rant! #7  
We just renewed all our stuff in November. Not much changed. We have a pretty high deductible on cars and home. Cars are 10 and 20 years old, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

/ Insurance Rant! #8  
State Farm email for renewal came in today, rate is increasing over 15% for the 6 month policy. :mad:

TV/Internet provider sent an email notice that rates increased 3/1, I looked at the account online and its a 8% increase, and no improvements or additional channels. I will do some research and probably cut the TV and just have internet.

/ Insurance Rant! #9  
Unfortunately the cost of repair and replacement is going up up up with the current economy. I imagine part of the increase is cost covering and part of it is projected cost covering. (future cost increases)

/ Insurance Rant! #10  
52 or 53 percent increase on Home Owners for us. Letter stated materials issues and cost of materials.

So when lumber comes down my prices will adjust accordingly. Right? :) /S