Intake Manifol Heater

/ Intake Manifol Heater #1  

hayboy48

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahandria 4025
Just discovered my 2011 4025 with 250hrs heater is not auto timing out, left the switch on and noticed the intake hose smoking a little. Living in central AL, do I really need this if it cranking ok? Remedy just take hot wire loose, This is putting a drain on the battery even while running. Just working on a few bugs in this new to me tractor. Thanks

/ Intake Manifol Heater #2  
Even though you're in a warm climate (like me), I still find it useful to use the intake heater whenever it gets below 40*. I just think it takes strain off the engine. I notice that the professional excavators use the glow plugs or heaters almost all the time. So they must know something.

One thing you could do is to splice in a manual switch to the hot wire, and run a lead to your dash where you could control the heater manually. Just my 2¢

/ Intake Manifol Heater #3  
My 4025's intake heater relay quit working for some reason, so I went direct from battery to glow plug. I used anderson powerpole connectors, which allow me to make the connection, wait 20 seconds or so, start the tractor, and 20 seconds after that unplug. I will let the experts sort out the relay one day, but this works fine. BTW, I tried the 'wide open throttle to start' method, and it fires almost before touching the key!
-Simon

/ Intake Manifol Heater
The splice in a switch I had already thought about. Keep it simple if it works, THANKS