interesting concept....

/ interesting concept.... #1  

chevy292

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 TLB
I was looking through craigslist today and came across this. what do you guys think? practical?
BRADCO 8LD Backhoe

/ interesting concept.... #2  
isn't the backhoe worth that much by itself?

/ interesting concept.... #3  
Not the most easily movable thing to be attached too...

/ interesting concept.... #4  
Not the most easily movable thing to be attached too...

looks kind of funny too.:)

then again, that backhoe probably throws that truck around just as easy as it would a tractor.

/ interesting concept.... #5  
As said above the hoe is worth it alone:)
Army Grunt

/ interesting concept.... #6  
That could be handy in a number of ways. I have a backhoe thats off a small 400 series Vermeer trencher. Im going to mount it on the rear of the trencher instead of the front. and make a mine tracto when I get my skid motor. I have an old 3/4 ton Ford truck out back that Im thinking about shortening down and puttin the hoe on the back. I have a few old leaf dumps I have accesse to but its a poain to drag TLB, or mini ex to load the dump trailer.

Mastercraft makes a backhoe mount for a 2 ton truck. Ford had an F600 and 700 in the 70's equipped with a 700 series Auto Dig backhoe attachment. We have a guy that does water repair work for the town. He knows the old lines and has an old MF 50 Backhoe attachment on the back of an old 60's Ford 2 ton for years and years. Just last yeae he built another. Its super handy about doing late night repairs with out having to road a TLB or trailer one. It can get in some pretty offroad places to. Ive seen him

/ interesting concept.... #7  
The first backhoe I ever had any experience with looked like a supersize version of that. A Samson mounted on an International dump truck chassis. Biggest problem is that it works best with an oiler up front to move it around.
They're a little ungainly but get the job done and with that one you get a plow truck too. The bonus was that they were quick to move over the road from job to job.

Last edited:
   / interesting concept.... #8  
I was looking through craigslist today and came across this. what do you guys think? practical?
BRADCO 8LD Backhoe

I've been looking at that for days - you have no idea the degree of self-control I've been exhibiting to NOT run out and buy that thing. Of course, I'd HAVE to get it road worthy just so I could drive it to work - the comedy of having that thing sitting in the parking lot would be worth twice the purchase price.

JayC

/ interesting concept.... #9  
Yes!! buy it!!! wow a Dodgeho. Coolest thing I've seen in a while.

/ interesting concept.... #10  
If the hoe has enough power to hump the back of the truck around it could work great in open spaces. Either way, a plow, a truck and a hoe for that price sounds like too much fun to pass up....