Interesting modification

/ Interesting modification #11  
Looks like it would be easy to do a wheelie in reverse if the bed was empty.

/ Interesting modification #12  
How could we make one of those? It seems like it's probably easy if you know how, but I wouldn't have any idea where to start. It sure would be useful.
It's not that hard to make. Grab a trailer, slap a diff more or less located in the middle of the bed.

Build a longer tongue where you can mount a seat, pedals and a manual gearbox.

And then build the hitch to the tractor, but it has to be able to pivot left and right, also rotate left and right on an horizontal axis. It can't pivot up and down, otherwise it will crush the operator.

Lastly, connect the gearbox to the tractor PTO shaft via a PTO shaft. And connect the gearbox to the diff.

The way these work, is that the PTO on the tractor will power the gearbox and therefore the diff in the back. The tractor is always in Neutral when using these trailers.

My dad use to run tractor like these full of logs, like 6 ft high loads above the bed, uphill and never had a problem. Once the weight is on the drive wheel, it will climb anything.

/ Interesting modification #13  
And then build the hitch to the tractor, but it has to be able to pivot left and right, also rotate left and right on an horizontal axis. It can't pivot up and down, otherwise it will crush the operator.

This part (above) is confusing. I can usually cobble stuff together, but I'm not picking up everything you're putting down. I'll look for better pictures of this sort of contraption online and see if I can study where the stuff mates up.

Am I dreaming in thinking that the trailer with the differential could be the back half of an old Ford Truck? I just happen to have a trailer made out of an old truck, but surely that would be too big for a 13hp BCS 853 to power, right?

/ Interesting modification #14  
That might work just fine and being from a truck, I'm thinking it should have a higher ratio which is a better fit for a lower HP engine. Most of these units range anywhere from 10 to 20 HP.

So, on the hitch, you want it to be able to turn left and right which provides you the articulated steering. But you also want it to roll left and right just like the front axle on a tractor. However, you don't it to pitch front to back, otherwise it crushes the operator. This is kind of hard to explain.

You may notice that some of these tractors don't have a gearbox on the trailer, that is because some of the tractors had a Ground speed PTO. So with the right ratio on the rear end, it can actually be full time 4x4 and use the tractor gearbox for the speed changes.

Found some picture that hopefully helps you a bit more:

image;s=1000x700
image;s=1000x700
image;s=1000x700

/ Interesting modification #15  
That helps a lot - many thanks! I was trying to imagine some single coupling that did everything you said and was having trouble. These pieces that attach in two places make sense now. That Goldoni pic in particular makes it look very doable. I'm going to add this to the long list of projects to entertain at some point and keep my eye out for some of those parts in the pic locally.

I also have an old Volvo 240 that needs to be dismantled for parts (for three other Volvo 240s), so the read end and frame of that car is an option as well. It would certainly be lighter, and the gearing is usually 3.91 or 3.73.

/ Interesting modification #16  
I just finished my trailer for the Ukrainian motor sich mb9. Though I did not bother with driving rear wheels with PTO, since the tractor weights 300 kg, and has no problem driving me and 200 kg load on the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_131904.jpg
    IMG_20210427_131904.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210515_180148.jpg
    IMG_20210515_180148.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 134
   / Interesting modification #17  
Nice! I currently have a mowing sulky that attaches to the wheels of my BCS, forward of which I usually have a mower mounted. Then behind the sulky I often attach a cart. It's quite a little train. There are 8 wheels in all when they are all connected. I'll try to remember to get a pic when it is all set up next time.

/ Interesting modification #18  
I just finished my trailer for the Ukrainian motor sich mb9. Though I did not bother with driving rear wheels with PTO, since the tractor weights 300 kg, and has no problem driving me and 200 kg load on the trailer.
My uncle had a gravely sulky - setup much like your fine setup. One word of caution, keep your legs together when approaching a ditch or dip. I failed and thought my leg was broken! I was warned by my uncle.. but I did not remember until the second ditch!

/ Interesting modification #19  
My uncle had a gravely sulky - setup much like your fine setup. One word of caution, keep your legs together when approaching a ditch or dip. I failed and thought my leg was broken! I was warned by my uncle.. but I did not remember until the second ditch!
No incidents so far, but good to know, so I don't get too careless. :)