interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel

/ interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel #41  
Yeh, I mentioned before I got a bonded neutral on the generator, I gotta convert to float. Your panel is already bonded (unless you're looking to backfeed a subpanel, those usually aren't), so a bonded neutral on the generator backfeeding it ain't gonna work out.

Diesel, if you're gonna use that generator for other stuff, just make sure to build or buy a bonded neutral plug. Basically it's just a plug (w/o a cord) with the neutral terminal connected to the ground terminal in it...so you just plug that into whatever outlet in the generator and now it's bonded neutral again and safe to use. When you're gonna use it to backfeed your panel, you just unplug that plug first.

Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F4R7BD...&colid=TJYU61LC7LU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Do most generators generators have a bonded neutral? I plan on back feeding into my garage sub panel where I have removed the strap connecting the neutral & ground.

/ interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel #42  
Why?..... Ground & neutral should always be same potential and connected to driven ground rod..... Makes no difference if power is fed from utility or generator....

/ interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel #43  
Do most generators generators have a bonded neutral? I plan on back feeding into my garage sub panel where I have removed the strap connecting the neutral & ground.
'Portables' would.

/ interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel
I'm not for sure if most, but at least many are set up that way. Full disclosure, I don't know jack about anything other than what I learn from the internet/youtube, but from what I understand subpanels shouldn't have a bonded neutral for the same reason the generator shouldn't: your main panel is already bonded.

/ interlock switch for generator backfeeding panel #45  
Last thing you want to do is back feed onto the power grid, when guys are working on the lines, especially after a hurricane or other natural calamaty. Electric company frowns on frying their linemen.