Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife?

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #71  
Oddly enough, we had a young deer get caught in a woven wire fence yesterday. By the time I saw it, it was already dead. So, barbs were not an issue.
Some animals are just too stupid to survive.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #72  
A new neighbor is encroaching across the property line. I need to get his encroaching items back onto his own property and then fence it to make the property line very visible and stop further encroachment. Oddly, this property line is well marked and flagged. Just a disrespectful neighbor.
Yeah, I have similar problems on my back line. Only solution is to clear and fence. But make sure you have a survey done so there's no argument.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #73  
Seriously? Do you live under a rock? Fire up google search and punch in " pictures of animals caught in barber wire fence. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Gotta watch out for that barber wire fencing. It'll shave you a little too close.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #74  
Gotta watch out for that barber wire fencing. It'll shave you a little too close.
Funny - I made a mistake - so do you have anything of substance to add or is that the extent of your contribution?

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #75  
I thought that was funny also...a real Zinger ;)

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #76  
Since wildlife is your concern and you simply want to keep your neighbor away, I would only use bare wire and only install two wires one at two feet and one at 4 feet...

I will be building a fence for horses in the near future, and I was told to not bother with barb wire for horses. Other than being pain to install and scratch your horses they dont do much to keep horses inside or wildlife out, so I won't put any ... for cows I would.
If building a fence for horses think wood.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #77  
If building a fence for horses think wood.
Ok for the bottom part but they crib to death on the wooden part. We run shock wire at the top of the wooden fences in Kentucky.
Years ago they tried the plastic fence but even treated for ultra violet, it still disintegrated.

The op wants to curb encroachment but I don't know if he said what is encroaching. If it be livestock,
I'd just string the wire fence and put a solar fence charger on the top line for the shock part.
The chargers can do miles of fencing.
ct_detail.html

Last edited:
   / Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #78  
Ok for the bottom part but they crib to death on the wooden part. We run shock wire at the top of the wooden fences in Kentucky.
Years ago they tried the plastic fence but even treated for ultra violet, it still disintegrated.

The op wants to curb encroachment but I don't know if he said what is encroaching. If it be livestock,
I'd just string the wire fence and put a solar fence charger on the top line for the shock part.
The chargers can do miles of fencing.
ct_detail.html
Kentucky is we’re I first saw angle iron bolted to the top stall board to keep the horses from chewing on the boards.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #79  
Funny - I made a mistake - so do you have anything of substance to add or is that the extent of your contribution?
I love good puns.

/ Is a "hybrid" barbed wire fence more friendly to wildlife? #80  
Kentucky is we’re I first saw angle iron bolted to the top stall board to keep the horses from chewing on the boards.
That works for a stall. It is cost prohibited for miles of fence and is why the shock wire along the top.
I hope the op picks up on this alternative with my post to you as I have provided a link for the charger.
Perhaps I should reply directly to the op with this.