Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #201  
I was thinking along the lines of locomotive tech where traction is electric powered by onboard diesel generator.

I know the local grid is already losing transformers due to electric plug in cars.

Plus at 35 cents kW???
Divide that last number by 6 around here. Legislating electrical usage (Seattle has banned the use of fossil fuels for heating/hot water in new construction) without planning and permitting electrical generation expansion is just plain incompetence.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #202  
Same here but existing gas grandfathered for time being

kW cost vary but afternoon/evening pay through nose with tiered pricing and time of use.

Only existing all electric home including rentals is single WA state home…

Winters can be very costly…

Had WA renter move in Thanksgiving and shocked with $800 PSE bill… high efficiency heat pump too.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #203  
GT... your assumption that I am a zero emissions type of person is wrong.... I have multiple snowmobiles, atv's, half a dozen diesel tractors, fishing boat and drive a gas F150 to get my groceries. We used to plow our fields with a tracked bulldozer. I run my boilers on wood I cut myself and heat my outdoor pool to 90 degrees with wood. If I could I would use coal but it is being banned here.

I have worked in agriculture all my life and have worked and lived in E. Europe, S.E. Asia, the U.S. and in Canada.

That being said I am also a realist and see what is happening all around me. Kids in school are being trained to be "woke", our politicians are getting younger and younger and seem to forget what its like to struggle for basics, I watched the Super Bowl and I think 100% of the car adds were for electric vehicles, etc....

I am an old salmon and just don't have the energy anymore to fight the onslaught current.

So I would say I am a realist not a environmentalist or zero emissions kinda guy. So for me I no longer care what they do as I have 0 ability to make any change. I hope to get another 15 years out of this body. But I do fear for the younger generation and doubt life will be as good or as easy as I had.

Cheers my friend.. .stay well.

btw: yesterday 4 people in the protest at Couts were arrested for plotting to kill RCMP members (our federal police force that we have cause we have such a big country but so few people that many jurisdictions just cannt afford their own forces). Plans, guns, body armour, ammunition all found in their trailers on the line. So maybe just maybe not all were their for the right reason.

Glad my little slice of heaven is mine as I don't share well with others these days.
That slice isn’t really yours… it’s only under your care until you leave it. And we ALL leave.

In fact you do share it sir, every day that you pay Sales tax, property tax, and school tax to the controlling members of our society that tell us how much and where to send the check. Yes and we do… lest we loose that little slice of heaven that we temporarily manage ultimately for the purposes of maintaining their income stream. The same income stream that’s routinely misused and abused by any number of pick pockets along its way to our great infrastructure management system. The same Sysyem that’s been funded and yet not maintained for the last 60 years of voting in and out of office hundreds of thousands of folks that are indeed there to do for us what the last guy didn’t…. It’s a merry go round of pork for everyone, and regulation that tightens the rope around us more for every dollar we give them to ease those ropes just a bit…

I used to think that people that took care of their properties were astute, concerned, and proud members of the community. I thought they did so because it meant something to them and to those around them. And then as I have aged, I’ve seen homes that used to be beautifully maintained fall into weedy disrepair. Sometimes it’s a cycle, sometimes it’s out of despair.
In any case it seems there is always that possibility, of everything we work hard at, to fall by the wayside, whether it’s a perfectly groomed lawn or home, or quite frankly
anything we say we own.

The Government that used to be there “for” us, is movin’ on up!

In the 90’s they became the government that was “with” us, and today, sadly to say… it’s seems now that it’s the government against us.

Those slippery slopes we ride every single day all but decrease our autonomy over our individual lives, rights, and even our families.

We don’t control money by the gold standard anymore, it’s controlled by the fed (big government), so any money we scrape and work hard on setting aside for 20 or 30 years languishes in inflationary spending tactics that opens our personal coffers for things like “Guaranteed, free, no strings attached, income checks” for some of us… oh, and who chooses those few people that take part in such holistic means of being Robinhood while sacking the savings of the 30% of Americans that have actually given up lots of stuff in life to save for their possible retirement? The Government chooses.

We can’t even “give” to our choice of needy any longer. That decision is made by bureaucrats. Both the “Who” and “How much” is automatically pulled from our life savings via inflationary spending by the very people that “tell us” we voted them into office. Did we?

But I digress …

Last edited:
   / Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR?
That slice isn’t really yours… it’s only under your care until you leave it. And we ALL leave.

In fact you do share it sir, every day that you pay Sales tax, property tax, and school tax to the controlling members of our society that tell us how much and where to send the check. Yes and we do… lest we loose that little slice of heaven that we temporarily manage ultimately for the purposes of maintaining their income stream. The same income stream that’s routinely misused and abused by any number of pick pockets along its way to our great infrastructure management system. The same Sysyem that’s been funded and yet not maintained for the last 60 years of voting in and out of office hundreds of thousands of folks that are indeed there to do for us what the last guy didn’t…. It’s a merry go round of pork for everyone, and regulation that tightens the rope around us more for every dollar we give them to ease those ropes just a bit…

I used to think that people that took care of their properties were astute, concerned, and proud members of the community. I thought they did so because it meant something to them and to those around them. And then as I have aged, I’ve seen homes that used to be beautifully maintained fall into weedy disrepair. Sometimes it’s a cycle, sometimes it’s out of despair.
In any case it seems there is always that possibility, of everything we work hard at, to fall by the wayside, whether it’s a perfectly groomed lawn or home, or quite frankly
anything we say we own.

The Government that used to be there “for” us, is movin’ on up!

In the 90’s they became the government that was “with” us, and today, sadly to say… it’s seems now that it’s the government against us.

Those slippery slopes we ride every single day all but decrease our autonomy over our individual lives, rights, and even our families.

We don’t control money by the gold standard anymore, it’s controlled by the fed (big government), so any money we scrape and work hard on setting aside for 20 or 30 years languishes in inflationary spending tactics that opens our personal coffers for things like “Guaranteed, free, no strings attached, income checks” for some of us… oh, and who chooses those few people that take part in such holistic means of being Robinhood while sacking the savings of the 30% of Americans that have actually given up lots of stuff in life to save for their possible retirement? The Government chooses.

We can’t even “give” to our choice of needy any longer. That decision is made by bureaucrats. Both the “Who” and “How much” is automatically pulled from our life savings via inflationary spending by the very people that “tell us” we voted them into office. Did we?

But I digress …

I feel compelled to write this response due to the very intelligently and passionate way you wrote this. Well thought out, thank you!

GT

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #205  
I feel compelled to write this response due to the very intelligently and passionate way you wrote this. Well thought out, thank you!

GT
Actually, thank you GT, and the other folks out there that understand (at least for now), that what we have is only here while we have it... nothing is promised to us forever.

The Ukraine we see on TV today isn't necessarily that far away from us (and I'm not speaking geographically).
Don

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #206  
For those people who are affected by this storm and who rely on battery operated saws may be in trouble.

The Weather Service advised people in the affected areas to secure loose items and warned that there could be power outages and downed trees.

More than 15,000 customers were without power in Virginia Thursday evening, as well as 13,000 customers in Mississippi, 11,000 in North Carolina and 11,000 in Tennessee, according to PowerOutage.US, a website that aggregates data from utilities.

Lots of trees down, blocking streets and laying on top of houses. After the battery is depleted on the saw, all you can do is just stand and look at the damage.

Now on the other hand, if you have a gas powered saw, you can finish the job.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #207  
The incompetence of our legislators is staggering. Those who vote for stupid laws, but not any real means to provide the NECESSARY infrastructure are fools. And while electric tools do have a place, they aren't the total solution. About 9 to 10 minutes per battery for a chain saw just won't get it done. Great for a homeowner who chan quit and let the battery charge. But not the professional

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #208  
For those people who are affected by this storm and who rely on battery operated saws may be in trouble.

The Weather Service advised people in the affected areas to secure loose items and warned that there could be power outages and downed trees.

More than 15,000 customers were without power in Virginia Thursday evening, as well as 13,000 customers in Mississippi, 11,000 in North Carolina and 11,000 in Tennessee, according to PowerOutage.US, a website that aggregates data from utilities.

Lots of trees down, blocking streets and laying on top of houses. After the battery is depleted on the saw, all you can do is just stand and look at the damage.

Now on the other hand, if you have a gas powered saw, you can finish the job.
BTDT.

When the power was out April 2011 we sat around waiting until the power was restored so the gas station could pump gas. Even cellphone and landline telephone was without power until the phone companies brought in thousands of trailer mounted gensets.

Cell towers were OK for the first 4-8 hours until their batteries depleted.

None of the local gas stations had emergency power until they too brought in trailer mounted gensets.

My power was restored after 7 days.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #209  
Surprised on Landline as long as the line remains intact.

Several times after earthquake, ice storms, power safety shutdowns the only thing not missing a beat was the old rotary dail landline in the garage...

Everything else down but not Ma Bell ..

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #210  
I always have at least one gallon of the canned gas ready to go, and usually some mixed gas. Could go for a long time with the saws on that. Also have battery pole saw and generators and get to use the generator a lot lately with storms.
When a tree fell across my neighbors driveway a few weeks back, used the battery pole saw to make the few cuts needed to get the tree part in the road moved. Gas saw to buck the rest later, when time allowed for full cleanup.
The battery saw can't do big cuts and is slow compared to the gas saw, would not have patience for using at a big cleanup. The big saw can cut up a 20-30" 80' tall tree pretty quick. Maybe using 1-2 tanks of gas.
I doubt a battery saw could even finish bucking the branches on 2 batteries.

Like the battery saws, but they don't replace the gas ones yet. especially in the middle of a storm.