Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is it just me? #1  

the viking

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 2320
Yesterday the wife and I took the pilgrimage to the cathedral of the coveted chicken sandwich. Fifty miles one way, $12:00 and a bit of a wait in line and we were in possession of two of the sacred Chic-Fil- A sandwiches and 1 medium diet soda. The soggy granny's elbow skin bun on this creation was disappointing to say the least. The condiments consisted of 2 paper thin dill pickle slices and 1 little plastic container of yellow baby poop something or another. This place opened several months ago with huge fanfare and long lines as documented on the local news channel. What is the big draw with this place anyway? I will not be going back anytime soon!
It was good to see people's faces again with the lifting of the mask requirements in many stores we went to. It looks like the vaccination program of two presidents have had a positive effect on society. Now they want to have 12 to 18 year olds get the shots too. My 14 year old grandson has a mortal fear of shots so that probably won't happen, Why do the news cast have to constantly show people getting stabbed in the arm with baseball bat sized needles getting their shots? It makes me look away and I have no fears of getting shots. My grandson will need therapy for PTSD from seeing these people getting their shots. Is it just me?

/ Is it just me? #2  
I've had nothing but good experiences with Chic-Fil-A. While in their speedy order and checkout line I have told several employees we were putting them in charge of Voting in the next election. And they are probably making so much more money with all drive thru and no inside guests that they may never reopen for inside dining. Try their breakfast chicken biscuit with crispy hash rounds.

/ Is it just me? #3  
Not much of a chicken sandwich eater. But the local one is always packed. KFC with mash taters n gravy would be my choice.

And the way they harpoon the arms on tv with the needles you would think they were hunting whales.

/ Is it just me? #4  
Yeah, I am from the land of Chik-Fil-A. Eh! Not a fan, not worth waiting in line for. But around these here parts I am probably the minority by looking at the lines at their drive -ins.

/ Is it just me?
It wasn't a total trainwreck as the people waiting on us were very courteous and friendly. Too bad the food didn't match their quality. I think i'll pass on breakfast or any other offerings after my lunch experience. I don't usually eat fast food and should have known better.

/ Is it just me? #6  
I put Chik-fil-A at the top of the fast food chains, though I’ve had a dud or two. A former employer supplied them with filets and nuggets for many years. Their quality and sizing standards were top notch and they were willing to pay a premium for it. Quick, clean, and efficient too. Maybe the new store is still getting the kinks out.

Last edited:
   / Is it just me? #7  
I t does not matter how long the line is, you have your food in minutes, I dont go out of my way to go their but when i do it is always good, Never had a soggy bun. Employees are super fast and friendly , no Wal mart slugs there.

/ Is it just me? #8  
Chi-Fil-A is good but you have to remember it’s still fast food. Sounds like you got caught up in the same kind of hype we did when In-N-Out came to town. There were lines around the block for the first few weeks because the rumors were it was really good, then once people figured it was not even up to Burger King standards the lines disappeared.

/ Is it just me? #9  
Yesterday the wife and I took the pilgrimage to the cathedral of the coveted chicken sandwich. Fifty miles one way, $12:00 and a bit of a wait in line and we were in possession of two of the sacred Chic-Fil- A sandwiches and 1 medium diet soda. The soggy granny's elbow skin bun on this creation was disappointing to say the least. The condiments consisted of 2 paper thin dill pickle slices and 1 little plastic container of yellow baby poop something or another. This place opened several months ago with huge fanfare and long lines as documented on the local news channel. What is the big draw with this place anyway? I will not be going back anytime soon!
It was good to see people's faces again with the lifting of the mask requirements in many stores we went to. It looks like the vaccination program of two presidents have had a positive effect on society. Now they want to have 12 to 18 year olds get the shots too. My 14 year old grandson has a mortal fear of shots so that probably won't happen, Why do the news cast have to constantly show people getting stabbed in the arm with baseball bat sized needles getting their shots? It makes me look away and I have no fears of getting shots. My grandson will need therapy for PTSD from seeing these people getting their shots. Is it just me?
Your grandson will need therapy from watching people getting shot on TV and video games. Hopefully he can overcome the world today. Hopefully your 14 year old grandson has had other vaccinations by now. Does a 14 year old get to select his medical treatment? When I was a kid, my parents took me to the Dr. for shots and I did whatever the Dr. told me to. I guess I didn't realize there were options.

/ Is it just me? #10  
I have neverhad poor quality at chic-fil-a. until recently. The sandwiches have always been good for me. I like them.
The fries have been soggy lately. I think they are still dealing with covid operations impact. Give them another try.
Popeyes has a high rated chiken sandwhich. Better for those that want the chicken very crispy. Chic-fil-a I would not describe as crispy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.