Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is it just me? #121  
It's funny but I've found the same. I figure many just use it as some sort of logo to attract business, but then I'd also say I've never met a Christian who actually followed the teachings of Jesus. They'll say they do, and maybe they honestly think they do, but it's not evident according to any Bible I've ever read.
There is no man living without sin, but we never freely like to admit it.

It's the "holier than thou" attitude that rubs me personally the wrong way.

I can curse like a sailor, be rough around the edges and tell people what where I've sinned in my past, but don't judge me as a Chirstian in God's name.

The irony is I have no doubt that there are many atheists who live a better "Godly" life then self proclaimed Christians.

It's when people embrace their "Christian image" and they fall from Grace that puts a smile on my face. That smile comes from sin.

I'm no better than the former president of Liberty University, but the difference is I know my ***** stinks.

/ Is it just me? #122  
I would think it goes without saying that you can never use a broad paint brush to lable a group.

Honestly, saying I have a Jewish friend is kind of like saying I have a black friend or a Mexican friend.

Point being, people are people, good and bad in any stereotypical group.

What I have found though from personal experience is that people who claim to be a good Christian in business you darn well better cover your butt on getting paid or having the work done correctly. As a Christian myself, do I really give a ratts butt if a business doing work for me proclaims their Christian beliefs? I only care about them doing the work right, and charging me accordingly.

I only mentioned Liberty university as far as screwing people over because I know they use to run some very long "delayed" terms that were never written into a contract and if the contractor took them to court, they'd never get work there again. I know of a couple of other well known "Christian" groups who have made the news by "well known" leaders who are basically a pain in the butt to deal with money wise collecting. Same thing for some individual small businesses who "proclaim" being Christian.

I see a "Christian" sign on a business card or vehicle, I won't call them.

God does not help you run a business but you would think God will tell you to treat others as you would have unto yourself. Personally, I don't think God wants us screwing each other.

Three things you never mess with...

A mans dog.
A mans wife.
A mans money.

You may or may not find those rules in the Bible, but it's a good set of rules to live by IMO.

Ironically enough, even the past president of Liberty University couldn't even figure that out, and you lead by example.
Never said "I have a Jewish friend"
I said "we remain friends for life", without referring to them by any orientation whatsoever.

/ Is it just me? #123  
I would think it goes without saying that you can never use a broad paint brush to lable a group.

Honestly, saying I have a Jewish friend is kind of like saying I have a black friend or a Mexican friend.

Point being, people are people, good and bad in any stereotypical group.

What I have found though from personal experience is that people who claim to be a good Christian in business you darn well better cover your butt on getting paid or having the work done correctly. As a Christian myself, do I really give a ratts butt if a business doing work for me proclaims their Christian beliefs? I only care about them doing the work right, and charging me accordingly.

I only mentioned Liberty university as far as screwing people over because I know they use to run some very long "delayed" terms that were never written into a contract and if the contractor took them to court, they'd never get work there again. I know of a couple of other well known "Christian" groups who have made the news by "well known" leaders who are basically a pain in the butt to deal with money wise collecting. Same thing for some individual small businesses who "proclaim" being Christian.

I see a "Christian" sign on a business card or vehicle, I won't call them.

God does not help you run a business but you would think God will tell you to treat others as you would have unto yourself. Personally, I don't think God wants us screwing each other.

Three things you never mess with...

A mans dog.
A mans wife.
A mans money.

You may or may not find those rules in the Bible, but it's a good set of rules to live by IMO.

Ironically enough, even the past president of Liberty University couldn't even figure that out, and you lead by example.
And I couldnt give a rats ass about Liberty's founder or president. I care about what they teach in the classroom and what the average professor or coach teaches on the field, which is a heck of a lot better than the marxist garbage most public universities teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.