Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #21  
That web site is updated from people like us. If you have an E free station or have visited one, add it to the list. I added one of the 2 in Hayward WI. Keep your eyes open and if you run across one add it.:thumbsup:

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #22  
I use 100 LL from our local airport. They sell a lot of fuel to people who are sick of low quality ethanol gas. 100 LL is much cleaner than regular gas and lasts forever. I've never had an issue running it in small engines, but I've heard of spark plugs getting some carbon. That's a small price to pay to get away from ethanol, in my opinion.

Even ethanol free gas doesn't have much of a shelf life anymore.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #23  
It is still posted on the fuel dispenser if it has ethanol. Most stations freely display large signs outside on their property, if ethanol-free, it is a few cents more a gallon..Thank your lucky stars the 15% bill failed, it is capped about 10% content?

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #24  
It is still posted on the fuel dispenser if it has ethanol.

Not all of them. At least not in my state.:confused2:

Ethanol Labeling Laws - State by State Guide.

There are 15 states that allow e10 to NOT be labeled on the pump. And unfortunatally, my state (ohio) is one of them.

So the only way to know, is to ask the station owners, and hope they are truthfull with you.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #25  
Things may change. The government offers a subsidy to blend the Ethanol and gas. It was intended to make it worth while for the local distributors to blend the Ethanol when they load the fuel on the truck. What actually happened is companies before the distributors decided they wanted the money so they did the blending. I thought I heard that this fall/ winter those subsidies are set to expire unless they are renewed. With the current it's not likely that the subsidies are renewed. Without the subsidies the blending could take place at the distributors, if so it stands to reason that they could sell gas without Ethanol.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #26  
This ethanol free VP fuel is a good alternative to the Stihl premix. My Stihl equipment loves it. It is about half the price of the Stihl fuel.

SEF 94

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #27  
Around here its the Vulcan stations and some Citgo stations. Always a few.cents more.but I definitely get better mileage out of the jeep grand. If you do very much research youll find out that all vehicles get less mileage on ethanol. I think its 10% cause our vehicles will not run as well on a higher percentage. Yea that was a great idea...put ethanol in to save 10 cents a gallon and cause the corn price to skyrocket...

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #28  
Bert the local Stihl dealer who services my equipment says to use mid to high grade fuels as they don't have the ethanol. He says the small motors are not designed to take the E fuel.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #29  
Ld1, well how about that?Just saw the list you posted.. They can choose not to mark it? Most of ours in all the grades at the participating stations. I suspect it is because a lot of our gas comes from the local refinery, or the oil storage depot on the Miss. river, it comes by barge. Outside of Memphis is where i have found it , with no ethanol. Mem.has polution problem and requires oxidizer in gas during the summer?

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #30  
Has anyone tried he premixed stuff from Home Depot? It comes in a can that says 2 year shelf life and I have seen the same thing in one of my chainsaw magazines. I was thinking getting cam2 race fuel?