Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #31  
Has anyone tried he premixed stuff from Home Depot? It comes in a can that says 2 year shelf life and I have seen the same thing in one of my chainsaw magazines. I was thinking getting cam2 race fuel?

I have seen the Stihl version, it is something like $7 a quart. I am really not interested in $30 a gallon for gas, I go through 3 gallons of 2 stroke a year. It might make sense for Harry Homeowner who might be lucky to use one bottle a year.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #32  
Yeah I think I will pay the $7 a gallon for the cam2 race fuel and mix that with my 2 stroke oil and stability.... Hopefully that will help socket any future problems...

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #33  
You might want to locate racing fuel stock at a local track?

The FBO's here will not sell AvGas to the public...

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #34  
You might want to locate racing fuel stock at a local track?

The FBO's here will not sell AvGas to the public...

Yeah the cam2 is racing fuel and I believe at the local drag strip it is more expensive there... I could probably go to the local airport and get fuel there... I will have to figure out which one is better fuel?? I know the guys go to the airport for race fuel also...

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #35  
Yeah the cam2 is racing fuel and I believe at the local drag strip it is more expensive there... I could probably go to the local airport and get fuel there... I will have to figure out which one is better fuel?? I know the guys go to the airport for race fuel also...

My local saw shop likes racing fuel better... he says the local aviation fuel has lead which can leave deposits.

Don't know how true this is.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #36  
My local saw shop likes racing fuel better... he says the local aviation fuel has lead which can leave deposits.

Don't know how true this is.

I was told the same thing at two different local airports when I tried to buy aviation fuel. Perhaps someone knows for sure about LL100 avgas. Apparently LL100 (low lead 100 octane) contains more lead then what was in the old leaded gas from the time before Unleaded was required (according to Wikipedia). That sure seems like it could cause fouling problems. I keep coming back to SEF94 as the best, reasonable cost alternative.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #37  
Very interesting and informative thread, I have already lost a fine Stihl 18" chainsaw to this Ethanol BS. Ehanol free gasoline is scarce in these parts so I try to use the "Marine Stabil," which they say is better. Still, the whole idea sucks.

What most people just don't realize is that Ethanol is not only a governmentally "contrived/manufactured" product but also a mandated and subsidized product. Yes, the federal gov't mandates it and also subsidizes its production: er, I mean, we the People mandate it and subsidize it with our tax dollars and silence.