Is it to cold to buy diesel

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #31  
Me too. I usually have 5 filled jugs on standby. 2 are filled with winter fuel and 3 are summer fuel. Early in March I fill up the tractor with its last winter fuel of the season and then refill the 2 winter jugs with winter fuel and store them away for use come next November. That way I’m ahead of the cold season each year….😉

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #32  
I need 5 gallons of diesel.
It's a bright sunny day but it's only 5 degrees and windy outside.

What's the chance that the diesel in the pump at the gas station is gelled?

After I get it home, it will be in a 45 degree heated garage.
Diesel is stored in underground tanks that are above freezing temps. It will also be Winter grade.
Go get some diesel and enjoy your stuff.

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #33  

This time of year all diesel has the anti gel added to it. If you bought diesel in late summer that might gel. Diesel Suppliers know cold winter is coming.
Add it for the fall deliveries. 99% trucks, furnace oil etc is outside in the element. Comfy of 45 degrees garage who cares.

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #34  
Check out Project Farms diesel additive video on YouTube.

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #35  
Before I really got into this farming for a retirement time killer business, I did try filling a 5 gallon can when it was -20 to -30 and barely got any flow trying all 4 of the station's diesel pumps. Granted the fuel is stored underground so it must have been a pump problem, but I wondered how people with diesel trucks got fuel. Fuel at the on-road pumps was advertised as #2 with cold-flow additive between October 15 and March 15. So I went to the specialty pump island and got my 5 gallons of on-highway #1. Now come November, I fill my fuel trailer with #1 in my rear 100 gallon tank and #2 with cold flow in the front 100 gallon tank. This winter we have had much milder than normal temps, probably only a dozen days colder than -10, so I only got 50 gallons of #1 and blend it with fuel from the #2 tank every time I fill. But yes, I have run into the case where I can't pump regular #2 from the pumps at temps lower than 20 below.

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #36  

Not too cold, and will not be a problem. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and treat it.

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #37  

It comes out of the ground55 - 60 F, or ground temp. Except for the little bit in the hose of course :)

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel
It comes out of the ground55 - 60 F, or ground temp. Except for the little bit in the hose of course :)
That little bit was the reason for the question.
It's been 15 days now and everything turned out fine.
Thanks. (y)

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #39  
Used Optilube antigel once and fuel gelled up with outside temp of 10 F. while blowing snow. Boy that suprised me. Switched to Hot Shots Secret and no problems since then. FWIW, Hot Shots did well in Project Farm testing for antigel

/ Is it to cold to buy diesel #40  
Also, keep in mind that Mfr usually recommends antigel be stored at relatively warm temperature