Is My Browser Doing This?

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
Seems like whenever a page loads it gets compressed to the left side of the page. I am sure it is on my end because my home computer does not do it. I was wondering what I could do to correct it.

Untitled.png

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #2  
Just curious...are both browsers the same (exact) version?

These days most display issues are due to the parsing of the CSS (stylesheet)...and in some cases the javascript.

/ Is My Browser Doing This?
I guess I'm not really sure. The computer that has the display issues is running Explorer 9. Computer at home is a new HP Pavilion. Embarassed to say that I don't even know what browser it is running.

For whatever reason this computer won't do this all of the time. Right now it is fine, but if I change pages it will sometimes (more often than not) skew the text to the left side of the screen.

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #4  
My work 'puter was doing the same thing for the last few few weeks, but this week it's not.
I've no idea what changed. Maybe sysadmin updated browser, java, etc?

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #5  
It has never happened on mine, running Chrome and Windows 8.1.

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #6  
On my old windows vista it did it off and on . Now on my new windows 8.1 I get a full page advertisement that comes up once in awhile, actually much to often , while going from one post to another .

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #7  
Had that happen to two computers running IE9. Updated to IE11 took care of the issue.

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #8  
Had that happen to two computers running IE9. Updated to IE11 took care of the issue.

Are you happy with IE 11 overall ?

/ Is My Browser Doing This? #9  
FWIW...

It's all about the (HTML) semantics...

In order for web pages to be more easily read by other computers...mostly search engine (bots)...the powers that be i.e. the W3C (WWW consortium) decided that the use of (HTML) tables for formatting content placement on web pages was taboo...Their solution was CSS (cascading style sheets)...

The problem with CSS is that all browsers are/were not capable of parsing/rendering the same CSS the same way...thus a developer could construct a web page that displays perfectly on one browser but may look like scrambled eggs on a different browser...(Microsoft was very sluggish with accepting the new (proper) semantics) This caused developers to have to jump through hoops testing, altering and rewriting their CSS...a real PITA...

Almost all display issues these days are caused by the CSS...and or the javascript that is implemented to correct some of the CSS issues...One thing to check is if your browser is allowing javascript...!

Some developers hard code the CSS into their page markup...others use separate style sheets that are located elsewhere on the server and called up via a URI...this allows code in the main markup to recognize different browsers and call up a different style sheet for different browsers...

My suggestion is using a browser like Firefox...using the available plug-ins/add-ons allows a user much more control...

Further:
Many sites are generated from structured data, which is often stored in databases. When this data is formatted into HTML, it becomes very difficult to recover the original structured data. Many applications, especially search engines, can benefit greatly from direct access to this structured data. On-page markup enables search engines to understand the information on web pages and provide richer search results in order to make it easier for users to find relevant information on the web. Markup can also enable new tools and applications that make use of the structure.
Home - schema.org

/ Is My Browser Doing This?
Thanks for the info /Pine, you really seem to know your stuff. I will look to see if the browser at work is allowing javascript. It just seems odd to me that it started all of a sudden.

By the way, I checked and my home computer is running IE11