Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good?

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good? #21  
Just don't let biodiesel sit very long, as it is much better at growing algae...

It's just peanut oil that sells for $1.28/gallon. ;)

I blend it in with the diesel.

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good? #22  
With the limited hours I put on my tractors I'm not as concerned about lubricity as I would be if I drove a diesel Golf or a big semi, covering high mileage every year. If there's no evidence of fuel system wear after 40 years in these tractors now, I expect their fuel systems will likely outlive me.

I do need something to soften the nasty clank of the 2-cylinder YM240. My hearing is temporarily impaired if I run it without hearing protection. For some reason this tractor is noisier than comparable YM2000's I've heard running. I describe it as several people pounding on a manhole cover with sledges if I idle it down. Simply painful.

Power Service says run double strength if the fuel system needs cleaning. I run nearly double and it makes a big improvement taming that clanking, definitely reduces smoking when pulling hard, and I think helps it start easier.

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good? #23  
With the limited hours I put on my tractors I'm not as concerned about lubricity as I would be if I drove a diesel Golf or a big semi, covering high mileage every year. If there's no evidence of fuel system wear after 40 years in these tractors now, I expect their fuel systems will likely outlive me.

I do need something to soften the nasty clank of the 2-cylinder YM240. My hearing is temporarily impaired if I run it without hearing protection. For some reason this tractor is noisier than comparable YM2000's I've heard running. I describe it as several people pounding on a manhole cover with sledges if I idle it down. Simply painful.

Power Service says run double strength if the fuel system needs cleaning. I run nearly double and it makes a big improvement taming that clanking, definitely reduces smoking when pulling hard, and I think helps it start easier.

I really 'hear' your pain. A friend of mine has a JD650. It's a sure popcorn machine of an engine. You did mention prior of using 15W40, the 10W30 would get up into those piston rings way better and help quite that popcorn noise down.

Do you see the same noise reduction using the Lucas product too?

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good? #24  
I think the clanking is the same thing as pre-ignition ping in a gas engine, just a huge instantaneous pressure shock in the combustion chamber and Yanmar did nothing in their design back then, to reduce or muffle the noise.

My cousin spent a summer on a small salmon boat in Alaska and the moment he heard the YM240 run he said that's got to be the identical Yanmar 2-cylinder as what they build for boat engines. Same painful racket. Yep. 2Q-something is the same engine for marine use with different manifolds etc.

PS reduces smoking when pulling hard with the little 3-cylinder YM186D. There's no other effect that I notice, because it already doesn't clank and it starts instantly.

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good? #25  
PS reduces smoking when pulling hard with the little 3-cylinder YM186D. There's no other effect that I notice, because it already doesn't clank and it starts instantly.

After the oil change to 10W30, all the engine soot smoking was reduced greatly. In a short time, running the engine at moderate RPMs, the soot vanished. Even the exhaust fumes no longer has that diesel after smell. Just have to keep the 3T80 purring like a cozy kitten.

Neighbor has a Ford 1500 from Shabarura. It's loud too for a 2-cly. I'll ask him to try the Lucas and then the PS to see if he notices any differences.

/ Is Power Service Diesel Kleen that good?
That chart is great, thanks for posting it. I wonder if maybe the injectors in my tractor just needed a little cleaning so that the spray pattern is now what it should be. After sitting for two years without being started I think it's possible for a tiny hole to get kinda plugged. After about a dozen starts and maybe 30 hours of run time the 40 year old engine starts right away with the decompression knob pulled out. It's like the engine just turns over a couple times and it's running. I have to be quick to push the throttle lever back so that the engine is running at 1500 RPM because when the engine starts it's spinning at nearly 2500 RPM right away.