Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #71  
Is the Branson 3620 similar to the previous 3520 that you can trivially delete the DPF?

My 3520h still has the DPF (~600 hours); I like the lack of stink and despite often using it well below green throttle the DPF warning only occasionally blinks and then I run it extra hard for a few minutes and it goes back to no blink.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #72  
Not totally disagreeing with any of that but if either of my loader tractors had 50% more loader capacity AND 50% more breakout force, i'd rarely notice the weight capacity increase but i would appreciate the breakout force constantly!

The trouble with that is tractors over-loaded on the front can break in half even if counter-balanced on the back end.
Or some put a backhoe on the back and pick up a bucket full of dirt with the FEL for a counterweight. Either way can break it in half.

There's a thread going on right now about "bad news" and a TC33D that broke across the mid casting.
It's common to many makes that use designs where castings carry bending stress. There's a long history of similar threads.
rScotty

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #73  
The trouble with that is tractors over-loaded on the front can break in half even if counter-balanced on the back end.
Or some put a backhoe on the back and pick up a bucket full of dirt with the FEL for a counterweight. Either way can break it in half.

There's a thread going on right now about "bad news" and a TC33D that broke across the mid casting.
It's common to many makes that use designs where castings carry bending stress. There's a long history of similar threads.
rScotty

That is precisely the reason to get the heavier tractor with more capability. You may never need to match the maximum numbers, but your day to day use is not going to stress the machine as much. Most of us don't weigh a load before we pick it up. We use experience and experimentation to eyeball it. I would much rather have more capacity than I need than an overpriced, underpowered machine that is impressive to my neighbors because of the paint and the badging.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #74  
I asked before if the reason he's limiting himself to 25 HP is to get around the emissions. The OP never answered yet I will stand behind my previous suggestion that if lift capacity is a concern, he look at tractors such as the Massey which doesn't regenerate.
To me that's a pretty lame excuse to buy an inadequate tractor anyways.

Edit: the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread... hopefully he will check in again.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #75  
I have 2 mahindras an older 2810 3 cylinder and a newer 2538 4 cylinder. They both start equally well but the 4 cylinder is so much smoother quieter and just sounds like it has more power, Both tractors are very close in size and weight , but the 2538 has larger tires front and back. There is no comparison though in power the 2538 is way more powerful, and there is no regen on mahindras,
Finally, after 40 posts, 3gunr opens the Mahindra NO REGEN door.

I came across this thread at the 80 posts point and was determined to add the word "Mahindra" to the discussion only if someone hadn't already done so.

However, with all of the thread-hijackers and side-trackers (Regen & Weight: Cylinders? Huh?), it's hardly surprising.

Anyhow, my 6 year-old Tier 4 Mahindra has never seen a drop of DEF (neither have I for that matter) and it doesn't speak regen at all. Which is one reason I bought it.

On top of that, with the loader and backhoe, it weighs over 5,000 pounds. Many Mahindras have lots of cast iron - even the oil pans. If you want heavier and no regen, think red not orange, green or blue.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #76  
Well, the only thing I’m getting out of this conversation is basically a trolled question conversation? Don’t think the OP came back once to explain his question.

It took me less than 15 minutes on my crappy internet to bring up just 5 different brands and look so I'm not sure what the OP expected from here without expanding on his question.
Asking that, is like asking what brand oil or what oil filter is the best. lol :)

I’ve had my ’97 JD770 for 24 years now. After renting different ones for my smaller acreage I just chose the one I thought would work for ME. It was a compromise. I wanted a larger one but I needed a smaller one. No real internet back then to really do my homework. When I finally decided to buy one JD just happened to have a sale going.
This late winter I bought a new ’21 LS MT235HE as a retirement present, over kill, yup. And I looked for months at most all the brands, at least the ones within an hour or so away from me.
I had dropped a couple dozen large trees over the last two years and really wanted to get rid of the mess this year for sure.
As far as the exhaust filter, for me, it sucks but is a non issue and I had looked into it. Sooo many don’t have a problem so I just have to find the right oil it likes or the better fuel.

It seems to be a “Catch 22” on the air pollution and fuel usage, I’ve got to be polluting way more with the exhaust filter than without it. Between having to fast idle or use it harder then I need to just to burn it out and having to more often than not manually force it, it takes around 20+ minutes, when it won’t do it automatically. I can live with it, just don't like it.
I guess you can put it in the same electric vehicle debacle.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #77  
This late winter I bought a new ’21 LS MT235HE as a retirement present, over kill, yup.

It seems to be a “Catch 22” on the air pollution and fuel usage, I’ve got to be polluting way more with the exhaust filter than without it. Between having to fast idle or use it harder then I need to just to burn it out and having to more often than not manually force it, it takes around 20+ minutes, when it won’t do it automatically. I can live with it, just don't like it.
Why.... do you ever have to manually force it?

Wishing you nothing but total success and reliability with your machine, but from my perspective on these forums, LS has the least functional DPF systems out there (see other thread about regens every 4 hours). Odd stuff.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #78  
Why.... do you ever have to manually force it?

Wishing you nothing but total success and reliability with your machine, but from my perspective on these forums, LS has the least functional DPF systems out there (see other thread about regens every 4 hours). Odd stuff.
I have no idea,
First auto regen when new was 22 hrs, then around 35 or 40 hrs, i think maybe 3 auto gens total before my 50 hr service. I never changed how it drove it. Then maybe got 10 hrs in before it started auto regening every 1 to 2 hrs. The "over full" (can't rember the code right now) warning lite comes on then I have to manually hit the switch for it to do the deep cleaning, which goes to full throttle for around 20 minutes or so, at least a dozen times. I think I have around 150 hrs on it now. Like I said, I don't full throttle it every where I go or at idle (by choice, I still have to get into the habit) so it's probably an oil or fuel quality issue.
When i got the filters the dealer mentioned just using my normal oil I use on the 770 so I'll probably change it to another brand this spring and maybe change where I get my fuel.
I did look into the DPF issues but it seemed to average out across different brands for issues.
I left my first job before the filters hit the semis and when I drove in the Navy shipyard I never had an issue but they did have the DEF so probably different setup. BUT the medium duty flatbeds sucked green peppers. They had the DEF system but we were always having to regen them, the bus's were a joke, we had to take them on a hilly route off the base to burn them out.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #79  
Shoot, sorry to hear that. Another LS doing very frequent regens.... that's not right.

I regret to share my opinion that engine lube oil selection and diesel fuel source are probably not going to change how it performs for you, unless you had total junk diesel going into your tank.

Hopefully I am wrong about that, for your sake.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #80  
Shoot, sorry to hear that. Another LS doing very frequent regens.... that's not right.

I regret to share my opinion that engine lube oil selection and diesel fuel source are probably not going to change how it performs for you, unless you had total junk diesel going into your tank.

Hopefully I am wrong about that, for your sake.
Interesting. My tractor has about 68 hours on it and no regen yet.