Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate?

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #12  
I drilled and attached an old lawnmower wheel to one of the neighbor's gate years ago when I was looking after things for her before she died. Present neighbors still have it on the gate. Theirs rotates, but it would work on a sliding one as well.

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #13  
Use a barn door rail and one hanger on the inside just above the gate. Lift one end and roll it open or closed.

View attachment 700868

Bruce

Nice design. It fits the OP space, costs little, sturdy, moves easily, and is completely out of the way.
He could eventually add a wheel to the far end (right above your name in the illustration) iand that would make it even easier.
I like it.
rScotty

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate?
Thanks guys, I'll look at these options. The reason I'm not using a hinge is it's in a 14' section of my barn that I use for sheep. Working them around a swinging gate would be a pain in this location. I also like to crowd them in this area for worming and stuff, with a slide gate I can kick them out of the barn one at a time as I get finished with them. I use the tube gate instead of a full door so I can work in full sunlight and see what I'm doing.

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #15  
Industrial Electrical Guy -- we build EVERYTHING from Unistrut (aka Superstrut, B-Line, etc.)

This video (sorry for the Muzak) pretty well covers some of the toys that you may like >>>

You can shop this stuff at Home Depot, Ebay, Graingers, Local Electric Supply House(s), Craigslist.

Here is the (TMI) full Eaton / B-Line Catalog >>> https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/e...s-&-accessories/strut-system-catalog-2018.pdf

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #16  
   / Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #17  
I was thinking cantilever as well, but just eyeballing the first pic, it looks like he has an 8 foot opening and a 12 foot corral panel. A cantilever should be 2/3 - 1/3, which should work for this. Only problem is that all of the cantilever wheels are 2.375". If that is a 1.625" panel, and if the OP has the equipment to do a bit of fabbing, getting four of these and making some mounting plates should be a relatively easy and inexpensive solution.

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate?
Good eye, it is an 8' opening. Although I can put any size gate there. The 12' is probably just there because it was nearby.

/ Is there any hardware to slide a tube gate? #20  
Those cantilever rollers are for 2.375", and the reason they're so expensive, the cheapest ones being about $100 a copy is because how heavy they're built. They are kind of a one size fits all, and the biggest cantilever gate I built was around 56' long. With all of the DQ-40 material and 9 ga. fabric, that's a lot of moment arm on the two diagonal points when it's fully open or closed.
That Wilco corral panel can probably be picked up with one hand and walked across the yard, so while the 1.625" chase rollers might be kind of rinky-dink, they should stand up to that light duty use for years, and be under $50 for the whole project.