Buying Advice Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac)

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #61  
Found a nice 2016 with high flow, traction control and power bobtach in Wisconsin at a Bobcat dealer. 39K or $41,500 with a Bobcat bed mount material spreader

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #62  
If I had to do it all over again. I would probably go for some small European articulated tractor with a hitch and pto on both ends. HOLDER for one, although NONE of these is well supported over here. And then still get a small wheel loader for loading and that kind of stuff.

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #63  
Are there any tractors that have the cylinder standard on the quick-attach. And are there any tractors that can run high-flow attachment (33 gpm with high-flow lines)?
Power SSQA is an option on the Kubota Grand Ls. I think it was almost a $2k option if I remember choking & skipping it when I bought my L4060. The cylinder alone runs $800+ at Messicks last I looked. Way cheaper to DIY it with a standard cylinder & making your own brackets.

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #64  
Found a nice 2016 with high flow, traction control and power bobtach in Wisconsin at a Bobcat dealer. 39K or $41,500 with a Bobcat bed mount material spreader

I like the 5610 with the 3 point.

This is an eight foot wide box blade on the 3 point leveling some hauled in dirt:

P3180001.JPG
P3180003.JPG

P3180007 orig.JPG
P3180008.JPG

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #65  
And more info for future info seekers on the push/pull capabilities of a Toolcat

On the front a six foot wide box blade on a three point adapter that is on a Tilt-Tach:

P2100038.JPG
P2100041.JPG

Bulldozer mode pushing dirt:

P2100035.JPG
P2100032.JPG

And on the three point adapter, no Tilt-Tach, pulling and leveling dirt:

P7020029.JPG
P7030017.JPG

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac)
@Xfaxman Adding another update to this thread. A few months after starting this thread in 2019, I bought a ~1997 Deere 755, mostly for mowing. I sold that at the end of the summer and then bought a Kubota L4330 GST. Much of my 14 acres is very uneven and I feel really tippy in all but the few acres around the house. Just before buying the Kubota I rented a Bobcat T650, which was a beast around the property and very stable. I also rented the rotary mower and tiller, which chewed through 3-foot grass and turned two acres without any issues.

After the Kubota sels, I've decided on a ToolCat. Maybe a 5600, but I will likely hold out for a 5610 F-series. For my needs, I think the ToolCat will work just fine.

Question: How much better is the G-series over the F-series? Are there any G-series years to stay away from? Any major improvements in a specific year of the G?

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #67  
@Xfaxman Adding another update to this thread. --------------------------------------------
Question: How much better is the G-series over the F-series? Are there any G-series years to stay away from? Any major improvements in a specific year of the G?
The reason I traded our F Series in on a G Series in 2017 was to get Traction Control.

I am not aware of any changes, but have not been looking at the newer ones.

A good feature of the Toolcats is no Regen that I read so many complaints about.

@Xfaxman How does the G-series handle Tier 4 without regen?
Have you noticed any quality/reliability differences between the F and G series?
Do you notice the additional 5 horsepower of the G?

/ Is there anything comparable to a Bobcat ToolCat (besides Power-Trac/Ventrac) #69  
@Xfaxman How does the G-series handle Tier 4 without regen?
The new Bobcat engine, Here is info from their Website:

When Tier 4 emissions standards required every equipment manufacturer to make equipment changes, Bobcat designed a non-DPF Tier 4 solution that also delivers new features and provides more performance to customers. It reduces downtime that occurs with DPF regeneration and long-term DPF maintenance costs.
Have you noticed any quality/reliability differences between the F and G series?
No.
Do you notice the additional 5 horsepower of the G?
No, never had a lack of power on either one for what I was doing.

Just came in from working on relocating part of our driveway:

P6140002.JPG
P6140004.JPG

Moved the box blade to the front so I could see what it is doing:

P6140006.JPG
P6140008.JPG

Last edited:
@Xfaxman How would you compare your V417 to your 5610?