Is this normal?

/ Is this normal? #12  
The original valve on my loader was a leaker with no metering capabilities that I replaced shortly after getting the tractor.

A quick simple test to confirm if is the valve.
Raise loader and support it so little to no pressure on the quick disconnect in blind or cap end of cylinder. Unplug this quick disconnect leaving rod end connected. Remove support from under loader and see if it drifts down. If no it is the directional valve.

If still drifts then either there is external leak to atmosphere or one or both of the lift cylinders has a leaking piston seal allowing oil past piston and then leaking across directional valve. Fixing the cylinders will frequently reduce drift to acceptable .

/ Is this normal?
Thanks for all the help. I just corrected my original post (got my numbers mixed up); with no load, it leaked down 12" in five hours. Sounds to me like this is acceptable and not worth losing sleep over or loading this thing up and hauling it to a dealer who is going to tell me nothing wrong with it.

/ Is this normal? #14  
Thanks for all the help. I just corrected my original post (got my numbers mixed up); with no load, it leaked down 12" in five hours. Sounds to me like this is acceptable and not worth losing sleep over.
That's a lot more reasonable and indeed not something to lose sleep over. Still a bit more than I would like but acceptable.