Iseki engines

/ Iseki engines #31  
new guy for tractor ,just got mf 1635 with blown motor , looking for replacement motor its iseki e3cg . 1600 hours ,or what other motor can i put in , thank you jack

Last edited:
   / Iseki engines #32  
Can we stay on topic men...

The Iseki engine is a well-built design, ours in our GC has been nothing but outstanding I read a post once on another site a guy had over 10,000 hours in his GC 1.1L, he used it a lot running a generator.

/ Iseki engines #33  
Until I started shopping for my new Sub Compact, I never heard of a Iseki engine. But since then I have been hearing lots of good things about them.

/ Iseki engines #34  
My MF231S with a Perkins 3 cylinder had a bullet hole in the radiator when I bot it. Ran it that way for months, just topping off the coolant when I thought about it. Finally had the bullet hole repaired by the local rad shop ($50.00). He cleaned the radiator, fixed the leak and installed a brass petcock in place of the factory plastic one and painted the rad black. Regardless of outside temperature, the MF has never overheated. I have not had to ad coolant to the radiator since it was repaired three years ago.

/ Iseki engines #35  
Iseki (full size) tractors have been operating in Australia for 40+ years. (I didn't realise they had moved into compacts)

They have an excellent reputation in their class and are priced accordingly.

Very popular on dairy farms where high horsepower isn't a priority. If memory serves they top out at about 70hp.

I would buy one in a New York minute.

/ Iseki engines #37  
new guy for tractor ,just got mf 1635 with blown motor , looking for replacement motor its iseki e3cg . 1600 hours ,or what other motor can i put in , thank you jack
Jacktinkers,Thanks guys , sounds like you have the same problem as mine, I’m trying to find a motor , or block, nothing in the salvage yards that I can find, As you can tell this is the first Foram I’ve ever joined, not really educated on how it works I’m trying to find that same motor E3CD Sure don’t seem like there’s many around,Been calling through salvage yards Virginia down that way can’t seem to find anything

/ Iseki engines #38  
Jacktinkers,Thanks guys , sounds like you have the same problem as mine, I’m trying to find a motor , or block, nothing in the salvage yards that I can find, As you can tell this is the first Foram I’ve ever joined, not really educated on how it works I’m trying to find that same motor E3CD Sure don’t seem like there’s many around,Been calling through salvage yards Virginia down that way can’t seem to find anything
I have a rebuildable Iseki engine from a MF 1240. Unfortunately 1.5 liter not 1.6 like you and Massynch are looking for. Possibly only needs honing and rings, maybe boring and pistons/rings. Previous owner not good on air filter maintenance, about 1000 hours on it, I believe. Better would be if my son can come up with contact info for the guy he bought the replacement engine from who imports used engines from Japan which are no longer legal to sell there due to emission requirements. I’ll ask him—it cost $1500, is still in the tractor and runs great.

/ Iseki engines #39  
Not familiar with these engines. Any info would be helpful. Looking at the compact tractors and saw these engines are in the Massey compacts.
Hey retired007 I have 2018 M-F 1526 & bought it new :cool: ! I noticed You stated that You where looking at compacts & That seems to be Iseki main line tractors the list is quite long on who they have made engines for & all these brands are compacts tractors where Iseki made engines for or rebadge them thru a partnership AGCO,Bolens,Challenger,Iseki,& M-F & Massey-Ferguson just launched a new line of tractors 1800 series in a partnership with Iseki to build a full size compact & the M-F 1526 is considered a mid size compact now! So now you have 3 choices in compact tractors:cool:! & all have Iseki power plants! Just check out the history of Iseki & it goes all the way back to 1920 & they started off building implements ! Personally from all the research I did on Iseki I could not find any serious complaints or negative comments , Before my purchase & as a owner I can't complain after all it's a new tractor & if it holds up as good as my 1959 M-F 50 & I'm willing to bet it will. & just 1 other thing about the M-F 1526 the build quality was superb & paid cash for it without any reservations or regrets:love:It. IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ Iseki engines #40  
I have a 1994 MF1250 built by Iseki and have had very few issues in the 27 years I've had it. Reliable little tractor.