Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #51  
What this tells me is that on the newer tractors, at least in this soze range, the Blk be bodies that split up the fluid for the steering and the power beyond (or the loader), seems to give more priority to the loader under load, starving the power steering circuit of fluid or pressure.
I know, it doesn’t sound right, but when it gets down to holding up a load or a situation where you need to turn the wheel while not moving, the load gets the fluid and pressure.

I have not tried pulling the refs up to see if I still experience that when the loader is under pressure to perform. It’s possible that it’s just that one can’t do many things at once when the tractor is in more of a stand still position, possibly under a lower general RPM than when moving.
The HSTC Grand L has throttle advance, which allows the engine to idle when your not working and then throttle up when yiu hit the pedal. So at idle, under load at the bucket, there isn’t a lot of fluid pressure or movement going on under the hood. I suspect that was what was causing the exact same thing you experienced, to happen to me.
That is NOT how hydraulics work. There is NO demand to "hold" the load up in the loader. The loader is NOT taking fluid away from the steering ability when you are NOT moving the loader.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue.
Again, not defaming the dealer about anything. The context was me questioning myself (is this normal or am I paranoid given the other issues).

For a little more context, I found out from the dealer that they have been having major issues with their service department recently. I know the salesman... I’m not going to comment any further on the dealer here as this post isn’t about them. I know the people who work there and I’ll take up issues with them directly with the people there.

The point of the thread is relatively simple. Is there a way I can confirm my steering is working properly? I’ve checked all the fluids and tire pressures at this point.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #53  
I have a friend who bought a new 1800cc Yamaha (or Honda) years ago to drive from FL to MA. His rear axle/assembly was making noise, and when he inspected it, he found there was NO grease at all in the assembly. So, he adds grease, and finishes the trip. Then the rear end really starts making noise, so he brings it to the dealer and tells them that there was no grease in it when he left the dealership, and that is the reason it is damaged. Dealer says "well, you shouldn't have put grease in it, should of brought it back", and didn't honor any warranty. Same situation here, so stop defending the brand and dealership. Kubota's are not the holy grail of tractors, and their price point proves it. Shoddy workmanship. Hope you get it straightened out.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #54  
I went and replicated your experiment with my mx4800. Full bucket of 3/8 minus. Lifted it easily. No rear ballast. I can turn the front wheels about 3/4 to full lock before binding. If I start rolling, I get full lock.

I'd say you need to have your steering looked at.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #55  
That's a good experiment. I'll try the same tomorrow.
What RPM did you run at? Anything special?

Deelowe also said that his steering makes a clicking sound. That bothers me. I don't think mine makes any sound. but I can't say I'm absolutely sure.

Will know more tomorrow.
rScotty

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue.

Deelowe also said that his steering makes a clicking sound. That bothers me. I don't think mine makes any sound. but I can't say I'm absolutely sure.

Will know more tomorrow.
rScotty
Clicking was the bucket zerks. Mine won’t steer past maybe 1/3 of the way with a loaded bucket. Rpms don’t matter. I tried it a full rpms.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #57  

Will know more tomorrow.
rScotty
Is an M9 a decent analog to an MX? Won't hurt to try though. I'll expect the M9 doesn't even breath hard.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #58  
Again, not defaming the dealer about anything. The context was me questioning myself (is this normal or am I paranoid given the other issues).

For a little more context, I found out from the dealer that they have been having major issues with their service department recently. I know the salesman... I’m not going to comment any further on the dealer here as this post isn’t about them. I know the people who work there and I’ll take up issues with them directly with the people there.

The point of the thread is relatively simple. Is there a way I can confirm my steering is working properly? I’ve checked all the fluids and tire pressures at this point.

I agree deelowe, no one defamed the dealer nor the brand. Three pages in and I've noticed a bunch of people trying to justify the careless dealer for a poor PDI with non sense excuses just because it's a Kubota tractor.

Had this thread been about any other brand but Kubota or JD and we've been seeing a bunch of posts defaming the dealer, the brand, the tractor and the classic "You get what you paid for" non sense.

Make sure you check the level on the front axle. If you check some threads on the forum, you'll see quite a few mentioning the front axle on their Kubota had barely any fluid in it.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #59  
Check the wheel lug nuts and wheel disk to rim bolts. Dealer installed. Had rear click that sounded like axle trouble once. Ended up being some loose disk to rims bolts.

/ Issues already? New mx5400 steering issue. #60  
I have a friend who bought a new 1800cc Yamaha (or Honda) years ago to drive from FL to MA. His rear axle/assembly was making noise, and when he inspected it, he found there was NO grease at all in the assembly. So, he adds grease, and finishes the trip. Then the rear end really starts making noise, so he brings it to the dealer and tells them that there was no grease in it when he left the dealership, and that is the reason it is damaged. Dealer says "well, you shouldn't have put grease in it, should of brought it back", and didn't honor any warranty. Same situation here, so stop defending the brand and dealership. Kubota's are not the holy grail of tractors, and their price point proves it. Shoddy workmanship. Hope you get it straightened out.
Did you even read past page 1?