Isuzu NPR PU

/ Isuzu NPR PU #2  
Truck was sold out of Maryland, originally. It's had no warranty work performed on it except for replacing one name plate.

Put into service on May 20, 2003 should anyone care :)

-----------------------------

I'd much rather have a regular flatbed that can handle weight, but you're right, that is something you don't ever see.

/ Isuzu NPR PU #3  
putting a pickup type bed on it, pretty much blows the concept of a COE truck. COE trucks are just work trucks, meant to be practical with removable sideboards for maximum flexibility. a pickup truck like usual in the USA, is meant to be a more stylish work truck with a compromise to functuality.

I'd much rather have a regular flatbed that can handle weight, but you're right, that is something you don't ever see.
this most likely is a 5 ton gross truck. With this PU bed and crew cab that leaves 2 ton of carrying capacity, which is 4400 pounds (legally) but they are built to take a ton extra in Asian countries, with poor roads. ;)

These cabs are nothing fancy, but the 4.8 liter engine is real truck muscle, and they are tough to the bone... just a bit heavy compared to a Euro 5 ton van/truck with a 2.5 or 3 liter high speed engine...

/ Isuzu NPR PU #4  
I own a NPR truck, 4 cylinder diesel, have hauled over 5 tons on it. I have to say it is a real work horse and runs like a top. I could care less what willy tonka's fancy paint job looks like or about the 10" lift kit he installed. I know when it comes to getting the job done I'll be there. I honestly feel the Isuzu truck line is one of the best for the the medium duty trucks (if not the best).

/ Isuzu NPR PU #5  
I honestly feel the Isuzu truck line is one of the best for the the medium duty trucks (if not the best).

Right now, they are.

Disclaimer: I sell them for a living.

That said, Hino is bringing their cabover back to the US market (I don't think they'll have a 12k GVWR truck, though. They make a great product. Looking at the specs, it's very close to the Isuzu N-series product.

/ Isuzu NPR PU #6  
Interesting...thanks for sharing.

There are some strange vehicles for sale on eBay. :confused2:

/ Isuzu NPR PU #7  
I've never seen an Isuzu NPR with 4WD, only the Mitsubishi Fuso in that same style. Does Isuzu make/import an NPR 4WD in the US?

Bruce

/ Isuzu NPR PU #9  
I've never seen an Isuzu NPR with 4WD, only the Mitsubishi Fuso in that same style. Does Isuzu make/import an NPR 4WD in the US?

Bruce

Negative. There is a company that can upfit (was, at least) on some of the Isuzu products, but it's gonna cost ya.

The reason Isuzu doesn't produce a 4wd, at least here in the US Market, is there is no real demand for them. Mitsu sold very few last year (I want to say like 4) and Isuzu doesn't see a market for them.

/ Isuzu NPR PU #10  
The Hino is not up to par to the NPR. A friend of mine has 3 new ones. They are low on power and visit the shop for overheating problems.