It’s here!

/ It’s here! #121  
I think I know why. I takes a lot of time for the level to correct after filling. It can take some driving to get the oil worked into all the crevices in the gears. I had to fill, wait a few mins, fill, wait a few mins… so I can see them having it topped off, only for it to need correcting after a few hours of use. Maybe this is why it’s so common
Several of us with the LS tractors had the same issue I tell everyone to check it every 2-3 hours until it stops needing more, which seems to be around 20 hours.

/ It’s here!
Well, she is a year old. I hadn’t started her in 7 months, since I fitted the field last. Spun right up! Brought it up to temp and took it around the property. Just waiting for the ground to dry.
IMG_0219.jpeg

Last edited:
   / It’s here! #123  
No way I could get my brand new tractor sitting for so long without running it. I would be so eager to use it that I would probably just find a way to do it. Even if it was just go for a drive with it around town. 🤣

Last edited:
   / It’s here!
No way I could get my brand new tractor sitting for so long without running it. I would be so eager to use it that I would probably just find a way to do it. Even if it was just go for a drive with it around town. 🤣

Well, "town" is a little way off... And in the winter months, this clay loam is pretty sticky for a heavy tractor to go running around on. One reason I still have the trail mower setup for the ATV... Too often Id not be able to mow with a flail and the 4820. It's just too heavy.
It was fun though... It looks like our storage solution was worth it. No moisture, not battery tender, she never missed a beat. I do need to top off the tank though.

/ It’s here! #125  
Well, "town" is a little way off... And in the winter months, this clay loam is pretty sticky for a heavy tractor to go running around on. One reason I still have the trail mower setup for the ATV... Too often Id not be able to mow with a flail and the 4820. It's just too heavy.
It was fun though... It looks like our storage solution was worth it. No moisture, not battery tender, she never missed a beat. I do need to top off the tank though.
It's around year 3 that you'll start having battery issues if not ran weekly or on a battery tender. Since you're further north and cooler on average, it may be fine until year 4.

/ It’s here!
Called the dealership today to get the engine and hydraulic filters. The manager didn't even ask my name... I said I needed both hydro filters and the engine oil filter. He said, sure... I can order them out of GA and deliver them to you. I said, do you need my address? Nope, I know who I'm talking to, unless you moved from (fill in address). I'll just mail the invoice. How's the tractor been for ya?...

I don't think most dealers would have any clue. I love supporting them.

/ It’s here! #127  
Modern technology. The phone uses caller ID and if they are smart, it brings your account up on the screen.

We used that tech at Gateway 24 years ago.

/ It’s here!
Modern technology. The phone uses caller ID and if they are smart, it brings your account up on the screen.

We used that tech at Gateway 24 years ago.

Let me believe they actually care

/ It’s here! #129  
Let me believe they actually care
I hear you. Had an insurance agency that did that. Saved a bunch of time with 20 questions. Seemed like they appreciated my business.

The realist in me understands they are just improving talk times!

/ It’s here! #130  
Called the dealership today to get the engine and hydraulic filters. The manager didn't even ask my name... I said I needed both hydro filters and the engine oil filter. He said, sure... I can order them out of GA and deliver them to you. I said, do you need my address? Nope, I know who I'm talking to, unless you moved from (fill in address). I'll just mail the invoice. How's the tractor been for ya?...

I don't think most dealers would have any clue. I love supporting them.

That's awesome, and even with the modern tech, not every business would bother anyhow.