It's a Boy!

/ It's a Boy! #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Actually, not! The Wife says that they are "Manly Man Toys". I agree and can't wait to go play...err...Work, I mean.

These arrived this morning: EA 60" Wicked Root Grapple,
Agri-Ease Subsoiler, Post Hole Digger and 9"x48" Auger.

Woo Hoo!
IMG_20180823_110649_hdr.jpg8IMG_20180823_110754_hdr.jpg

/ It's a Boy! #2  
Congrats on your new toys.

How much did you pay for shipping on those? Did they come by "Slow Boat?"

/ It's a Boy!
Congrats on your new toys.

How much did you pay for shipping on those? Did they come by "Slow Boat?"

The Grapple came up by barge $400 and my LS Dealer had the other goodies in stock. Everything together cost an additional $272 to travel 136 miles from the Dealer to me and took 9 days (not the dealers fault)! Just about to move "Stateside" because we are getting tired of being bent over on shipping on everything.

/ It's a Boy! #4  
Yes, it really surprised me how much shipping things up there cost and how long it took.

When I moved up there in the early 80's, I drove a Winnebago up that was 3 years old and had over 9,000 miles on it. I sold it to the dealer in Anchorage for more than I paid for it because it was in very good condition and looked like new. He had a guy offer to buy it before the deal was closed. Then, I was wishing that I had sold it on the open market.

/ It's a Boy!
It is still much cheaper to buy a vehicle stateside, fly down and drive it back up, even with high gas prices. The shipping on my new tractor added about $10K to the price.
I believe in shopping locally when possible but it is getting harder.

/ It's a Boy!
Just hoping the rain stops before the snow starts.

/ It's a Boy! #9  
   / It's a Boy! #10  
It is still much cheaper to buy a vehicle stateside, fly down and drive it back up, even with high gas prices. The shipping on my new tractor added about $10K to the price.
I believe in shopping locally when possible but it is getting harder.

I was wondering what it cost you but didn’t want to ask. Ouch