Comparison It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K?

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K?
Could you help me understand what ya mean by radials. ? I put R4s on mine. That isエ a new term to me on tractors. I know what they are but what does it mean. Can ya but r4s in both a ply and radial then Tia!

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #22  
Could you help me understand what ya mean by radials. ? I put R4s on mine. That isエ a new term to me on tractors. I know what they are but what does it mean. Can ya but r4s in both a ply and radial then Tia!
Radials are wider and have more ground contact for better traction and ride.

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #23  
   / It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #24  
Last edited:
   / It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #25  
I really like the radials on my T4.75. Really a much better ride. IMHO most hobby farmers and smaller operators buy bias to save money. Radials are better.

Don't understand that either Jeff...

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #26  
Hmmm - - - so much info being tossed around - makes me wonder. I wonder EXACTLY what a person would be doing with a tractor where twelve forward speeds are so much better than eight.

The idea behind twelve speed is to improve use in row crop farming - many row crop farmers on TBN today??? Speak up fellas.............

So now the new M6060 has 56 hp( post # 5 ) - - my 2009 M6040 has 64 engine hp.

I chose open station for two reasons - cab was so much more $$$ and I don't think it would have worked out too well - weaving in/out of my big 'ol pine trees.

However - bottom line - get what you REALLY want and hope when it comes home that it will cover what you REALLY need.

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K?
Anyone know what Kubota stock R4's are on the M6060 then.... cause' that is what is coming. :) Thanks for the notes. I see that essentially were saying that as an all-day working farm tractor , the radial is a better performer for creature comfort and overall performance. (sounds like). And the bias is just due to cost and a good general tire for the avg. joe. Got it. Thanks everyone. I have a new pic... but the loader is not on yet.

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #28  
My understanding of radials - for the tractor that will out working in the field all day. Better traction, better fuel economy.

I chose to stay with bias tires because the one thing that can "kill" a tire around here - sidewall cuts by the ever present and super sharp basaltic lava bedrock. Any time I - "screw up" and spin the tires - even slightly - that sharp bedrock will surely take chunks out of the chevrons on my tires. Looks like big rat attack.

/ It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #29  
Hmmm - - - so much info being tossed around - makes me wonder. I wonder EXACTLY what a person would be doing with a tractor where twelve forward speeds are so much better than eight.

The idea behind twelve speed is to improve use in row crop farming - many row crop farmers on TBN today??? Speak up fellas.............

So now the new M6060 has 56 hp( post # 5 ) - - my 2009 M6040 has 64 engine hp.

I chose open station for two reasons - cab was so much more $$$ and I don't think it would have worked out too well - weaving in/out of my big 'ol pine trees.

However - bottom line - get what you REALLY want and hope when it comes home that it will cover what you REALLY need.
A couple of things to correct here. The M6060 has 64 gross hp, 56 PTO hp currently. The 12 spd isn't just for row crop work: in that package you also get different hydraulic flow, and heavier 3 point capacity. The 12 speed also has a higher speed for those who may travel on road.

Last edited:
   / It's time! M5660 or the M6060. Guys' Any sig. diffs to scoot us up the $2K? #30  
A couple of things to correct here. The M6060 has 64 gross hp, 56 PTO hp currently. The 12 spd isn't just for row crop work: in that package you also get different hydraulic flow, and heavier 3 point capacity. The 12 speed also has a higher too speed for those who may travel on road.

My New Holland T4.75 has the 12 speed and will run 24 MPH on the road. I guess Kubota wants the same specs to compete with those of NH/Case IH and Massey.