JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #1  

JackieM

Tractor
None yet
OOOOPSIE! My first time removing the backhoe and I put too much pressure on the seat post when lowering the boom. Is this as easy a fix as i'm hoping it is???

Attachments

• IMG_0577 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0577 Large.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0578 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0578 Large.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 85
   / JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #2  
Looks like a casting. Depends on the material for welding. I would check the price of a new part, then consider having a shop fabricating a replacement or repairing it. Once you have a new part price, a good judgement can be made.

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #3  
I’d probably just bite the bullet and get the part new from JD unless you or someone you know welds.

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #4  
Well, damn, that's an ouch.

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #5  
Seen lots of posts about the same issue in the FB groups, maybe on GTT too. I think I read that they are backordered from JD, so getting it repaired may be best.

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #6  
I'm not familiar with the 2025r backhoe setup, just curious how the seat mount can get broken while dismounting it?

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe
I'm not familiar with the 2025r backhoe setup, just curious how the seat mount can get broken while dismounting it?

You and me both. I was following the instructions line by line, and even watched a great how-to video on YouTube twice, since this was the first time I've had to remove the backhoe. The only thing I can think of is the seat was tilted back at the time, and should have been tilted forward. Still, that was a BIG BREAK.
The good news is my dealer was delivering a rotary cutter yesterday (which is why I removed the backhoe), and the technician believes it's an easy part replacement and will take care of it for me. I may even ask about the warranty. Why not?
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #8  
   / JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #9  
I think the seat stays with the backhoe on that machine so the seat probably got caught on or hit something and broke.

/ JD 2025R Seat snapped off when removing backhoe #10  
I think the seat stays with the backhoe on that machine so the seat probably got caught on or hit something and broke.
It does, I'm familiar with Kubota backhoes and there doesn't appear to be anything for the seat to catch on unless something goes really out of line.
That's why I was curious what the seat could catch on in this case, hopefully by identifying what happened a repeat can be prevented!

Luckily appears to be a simple bolt on part so shouldn't be a bad fix.