JD 3320 what is this switch for ?

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #1  

pokerboy57

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I own a JD 3320 I've looked at this switch for 3 years and have no idea what function it has and more importantly under what conditions I would want to use it ? Any help would be appreciated. switch.jpg

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #2  
Total shot in the dark as the cab controls look a little different but is that your speed lock cruise control?

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #3  
   / JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #6  
And this is why I don't gamble. Haha

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ?
thanks guys so it's a load match switch ..... SO when and why would I use it ?

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #8  
I use mine when using front bucket getting a deep heavy load, for dirt and stone and when climbing a hill mowing or moving stone or ag...kinda acts like a governor.

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #9  
Loadmatch will drop the transmission range down as soon as the engine begins to lug/stall under load... allows you to work at the speed you think you want to until the machine determines you picked the wrong one and "downshifts" to protect itself/keep you working.
Mine has only been turned off a handful of times... if you haven't had it "on", turn it on! Works great & keeps you from having to stop & shift constantly doing loader work & ground-engaging... also if you're transporting & hit any grade ("C" is anemic). I don't believe the PTO is influenced by it, except it keeps rpm's up when your mistaken selection range would start dragging the engine down.

/ JD 3320 what is this switch for ? #10  
I keep mine on all the time too. Although in almost 3 years of year-round use on 30 acres of steep Kentucky hillside, I've yet to experience it "downshifting" the transmission range. Mine intervenes as a rpm versus speed manager only. See LoadMatch switch

//greg//