Buying Advice JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #1  

SpoonDawg

Tractor
Searching
I am new to the world of tractors, so I have been educationg myself for the last 4 weeks on what tractor may best suit our needs as we design, develop and build our equestrian business (boarding, lessons, buying selling, etc.). I have settled in on what would meet our needs, and probably a bit more. Must haves are 4wd, loader, cab with a/c & heat, box blade and pallet forks. I want to go higher PTO HP as I am just weird that way (same with boats). Looking at 4066R or 5075E. I know the 5075 is more tractor for about the same price, but less creature comforts and not as easy to operate, which is important as my adult daughter will use it quite a bit. I would have to widen the stance on both a bit, and may also add a few other features (ability to set up grapple as we have woods to clear on parts of the property).

Looking for those who have either and thoughts about performance so far, reliability, and what you wish you may have added at the time of purchase. For the record, I am also still looking at Kubota M4D-071 which is very similar to the 5 series Deere, but seem to be leaning Deere.

Thanks in advance.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #2  
I can't really help you out other than a few recommendations.

1st, you may very well end up with both. I have no doubt that you will find that there will be tasks that are to small to be using the 5075E comfortably, but required to get the bigger jobs done in a reasonable amount of time. Then for other tasks, the 4066R will simply be the superior machine for that particular task.

When you use machines to make money, you need the machine that does the task as quick as reasonably possible. You don't want to be wasting time. It typically takes multiple machines to achieve that goal.

Lastly, get every SCV that JD offers for any machine that you get. Hydraulic controls simply speed all the different processes up, even makes some tasks possible that you simply could not do without having the controls to do them. A grapple is a perfect example.

On a side note, depending on exactly how extensive your business will be, I believe that you will find that you need many more implements-attachments than what you just listed out. Remember, work smarter, not harder.

Good luck with this endeavor. :thumbsup:

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #3  
"SCV?"

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #4  

What JD calls their remotes. (separate control valve). SCV

What most of us call remotes, 3rd function, rear remotes, loader controls, mid controls.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #5  
Deere 5075E is made in Pune, Maharashtra, India

I have operated a middle-aged, 52-horsepower Deere/India produced 4 X 3 clutch and gear tractor. I enjoyed the experience operating in a field.
The clutch was heavy and the transmission balky or "old school" ~~ pick your own term.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable about the Deere 5075E will interpret the two transmission/clutch choices and suitability for engagement on hills and close to ground workers.

Transmission:
Transmission: Top-Shaft Synchronized (TSS)
Type: partially synchronized
Gears: 9 forward and 3 reverse
Clutch: 279.4mm dry disc
Three gears (1-3) plus reverse (R) in three ranges (A-C). Gear shifts are synchronized using the foot clutch.

Transmission: PowrReverser
Type: partially synchronized power shuttle
Gears: 12 forward and reverse
Clutch: 279.4mm wet disc
Four synchronized gears (1-4) in three non-synchronized ranges (A-C). Left-hand power shuttle lever.

LINK: TractorData.com John Deere 5�75E tractor transmission information

Depending on exactly how extensive your business will be, I believe that you will find that you need many more implements-attachments than what you just listed out. Remember, work smarter, not harder.

YES

VIDEOS: deere 575e - YouTube

Last edited:
   / JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #6  
you will probably end up getting a disc harrow and a drag harrow. or splurge and get and arena worker all in one.

dont know about a JD. i use a 45 hp and a 21 hp to do my pasture and arena work with.

the daughter has a small 50 hp JD and a garden tractor and a side by side mule. the mule gets a lot of use. she runs feed and hay around to lots with it twice a day.

she can pull manure spreader and arena worker with the JD.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #7  
I have horses and 30 acres. First tractor 23 years ago was a Deere 5200 45 hp, 4wd FEL. Just bought a second(for hay duties) Deere 5065e Do not over buy horsepower unless you're going to use it fully. The tier 4 controls don't like to be idled. Better to work the snot out of them to keep the temp up. The newer Deeres (since 2015) are built in the states. Indian built 5xxx tractors have flat fenders. Regardless of country of origin, all tractors like cars are made of pieces globally sourced.

I don't recommend a 4xxx series. The smaller frame will limit your FEL and 3 point work.

The clutch pedal on a power reverser is not really a clutch in the mechanical sense. It's very light as its really a hydraulic control. Regardless, I would not choose based on adult daughter's use. Women are very adaptable

I don't recommend a cab... very nice IF you stay in it, but a chore if you have to dismount often to work or hitch. Also very vulnerable to trees, buildings and anything in close quarters.

Having just purchased a Deere, I consider myself pretty currently informed on them. Be glad to share anything I know about them.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #10  
I absolutely agree in regards to no cab. But then we don't know where you are??

I also agree that a 4 series might be small.

Definitely go Power Reverser.