Buying Advice JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #21  
Kthompson … Your post is misleading and dated. Currently Deere has three editions in the 5xxx series. They are: E,M & R As for lessor "quality" I dispute that. Many manufacturers have different levels of features in their products. Chevy has several editions of trucks... "high country", LTZ, LT, RST, etc. Does Chevy or GM have different Quality in their trucks ? I say No... But they do have different levels of features and power... As do the E,M & R editions of Deere's 5 series. Does number for sale mean lesser quality? Again... what does the market want ? There are always more mid level units than high or low level machines. it's basic statistics and marketing.

Actually, as I see it, Deere is up marketing the 5 series toward buyers of the low end 6 series with the R edition.

See here John Deere Tractors | 5 Family Utility Tractors | John Deere US

It is possible I missed a model in the 5000 series but I know well what I am hearing and seeing on the 5000E line. In my just looking for another tractor (4066R) salesman asked me about a 5000E and when I told him I have heard more problems with that model than all other JD models and he never tried to defend that model or dispute it. He is not the only JD salesman that has supported my impression of the E. Now as to Chevy, are they not mostly a Trim or option difference? Tell me is that true of the Model E? So are you saying the only difference between it and the other 5000 model(s) is trim or options?

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #22  
Kthompson: Which 5000E has "more problems" ? Model year ? Cab or Open Station ? And what are the issues? There are many 5xxxE's Some were Indian and others were US. I would not write off an entire series on hear say.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #23  
Kthompson: Which 5000E has "more problems" ? Model year ? Cab or Open Station ? And what are the issues? There are many 5xxxE's Some were Indian and others were US. I would not write off an entire series on hear say.

Let me begin with part of my first post; "No doubt there are many 5000 E owners who are pleased with their tractor". You admitted there is more than trim difference in the 5000 series by this line: "Some were Indian and others were US." Sorry my post upset you so much, would say you are one of those who are pleased with their tractor. Glad you are.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #24  
Let me begin with part of my first post; "No doubt there are many 5000 E owners who are pleased with their tractor". You admitted there is more than trim difference in the 5000 series by this line: "Some were Indian and others were US." Sorry my post upset you so much, would say you are one of those who are pleased with their tractor. Glad you are.

I never mentioned trim. I said "different levels of features and power". This is without doubt (see previous Deere link). In a thread purporting to offer advice on tractors, I said" Your post is misleading and dated" I stand by that.

It is not … colors.png

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #25  

My dealer told me the same thing. Steered me away from a 5E. I didn't ask why. Not sure why I would bother asking. And I would never consider a dealer hear say.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #26  
The shuttle shift 5075E has seen the most problems, most people purchase these (shuttle shifts) because the cost is lower, the 12/12 PR is a great machine very smooth and more speed options than the Kubota in the same HP.
You hear more about the E series problems simply because it's so many out there. Most never have any problems.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #27  
Yeah, if my memory serves me right it was transmission issues that the dealer mentioned. I don't recall any particular trans type.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #28  
Without any confirmed details, all is hearsay. The internet is full of it. Dealer sales people are not immune.

Ovrszd: I am dubious of the derogatory comments because the Deere 5xxxE line is wide and varied. 3 cylinders, 4 cylinders, shuttle or power reverser transmission, Cab or Open station. Year ? Some were assembled in India, Some in Augusta, varies by year and type. 2013 5055E open station were Indian, 2013 5055E Cab were US for example. (Tractordata.com is wrong in some instances. Website owner is going by his available literature. I have shown him contrary nameplate data) At last count there are Seven 5xxxE tractors. (not counting M & R) Multiplied by cab or Open station in most models

There was a brake issue on some of the machines. Seems on first application the pedal travels further than expected. Subsequent application, the travel is reduced. It's an engineering change of springs to retract the brake disks. All of the models since the change do it. It's no longer an issue.

So... which "5E" were you steered away from ?

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors #29  
Without any confirmed details, all is hearsay. The internet is full of it. Dealer sales people are not immune.

Ovrszd: I am dubious of the derogatory comments because the Deere 5xxxE line is wide and varied. 3 cylinders, 4 cylinders, shuttle or power reverser transmission, Cab or Open station. Year ? Some were assembled in India, Some in Augusta, varies by year and type. 2013 5055E open station were Indian, 2013 5055E Cab were US for example. (Tractordata.com is wrong in some instances. Website owner is going by his available literature. I have shown him contrary nameplate data) At last count there are Seven 5xxxE tractors. (not counting M & R) Multiplied by cab or Open station in most models

There was a brake issue on some of the machines. Seems on first application the pedal travels further than expected. Subsequent application, the travel is reduced. It's an engineering change of springs to retract the brake disks. All of the models since the change do it. It's no longer an issue.

So... which "5E" were you steered away from ?

He wasn't quoting any particular one. Just said there were problems with E series and that I should steer clear. Don't know his motivation. Don't care. All friendly conversation between two friends, one happened to be a dealer. Steered me toward an M series.

/ JD 4066R or 5075E for Equestrian Farm? New member and new to tractors
Also need to know about 3rd ( and 4th and 5th) SCv's. Think its best to get them know and have dealer install them. What else that I have not mentioned before do I need to seriously think about?