JD 430 Water Pump Problem

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem #1  

DWSchwefel

Tractor
John Deere 450D
I have a new to me JD 430 with a fully corroded water pump. There was no water movement.
I removed the four bolts, and, with a block of wood, tapped the water pump loose.
I tried to install a replacement water pump, the lower fitting would not enter the hole in the head.
Closer inspection of the old WPump makes me think the the male fitting with the o-ring broke and stayed in the head. It is a clean break, so clean that it is tough to initially notice.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

I may have to remove the engine to get a small custom slide hammer puller in there to remove it.

Thoughts?

DaveS
JD430
JD430
SST16
Kuubota BX2200D

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem #2  
Which 430 tractor are you referring to(utility or L/G)?

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem
It is the 430 compact tractor/mower with the Yanmar diesel engine 3TNA72.

Picture of the water pump. JD 430 water pump.jpg

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem #5  
With that Yanmar diesel it is the garden tractor (L/G).

What was the part number? AM100751 or AM101380

Apparently a s/n break at 5000

I'm not sure, at this moment what my serial number is. I purchased a used one from eBay, it looked like mine. It seems to be the right one. It looks the same, the bolt pattern is the same. I don't know what the difference is between one and the other.

I will get my serial number tomorrow.

Note: I pulled the oring out of my block/head. I am 100% sure that my male fitting broke off in the head/block.

DaveS

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem #7  
I don't see the lower fitting you're referring to. From viewing parts catalog it appears early model water pump substitutes to later model WP.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-12 050604.png
    Annotation 2020-08-12 050604.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 108
TxJim, thanks for the reply.
Please note in your parts diagram #8, the o-ring, goes around the piece that I am talking about. It is object/male tube just to the right of this o-ring, that enters the head/block.
Please note in your parts diagram, #11, the gasket, between the cylinder head and the water pump. The hole in this gasket is the water channel that goes into the head.

DaveS
JD 450D dozer
JD400 Backhoe

/ JD 430 Water Pump Problem #9  
I thought that o-ring might be in the area you were referring to but I have no previous experience with those Yanmar engines so I was in the dark when searching for correct part.

Gents,
I took a screwdriver, stuck it in the hole, caught the lip of the broken piece and pried it out. I cleaned up the hole with a piece of sand paper. I put the new water pump on. Done deal.

Lesson learned: Don't just tap the thermostat housing, to remove the water pump. Tap the top and pry the bottom tube, near the tube, with a screwdriver.

DaveS