JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #1  

footer200

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300
I picked up my 3 spool valve tonight (bbl bm40) I see 2 choices for pressure input, and 2 for out, but when the power beyond is installed it will only work on the one port? I thought there was a third line out to tank? Or is that only on some larger valves? Is it as easy as the power beyond from the loader valve to the pressure in on bm 40 and then out from power beyond on bm40 to the 3 point valve and the 2 unused (p&t) get a plug? So 1 line in and 1 line out? I only have the valve so far for checking on exact placement before ordering hoses and QCs.

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #2  
You should have an IN port, PB port with adapter, and a return/OUT to tank.

You may have extra IN and OUT ports.

The PB port goes to the IN port of the next valve.

All the returns can tee into a common line.

If that is a three spool valve and you are using all work ports, You would have 6 hoses or QD's installed in the work ports.

Three other hoses as mentioned above.

The PB port is on the side below the the T port..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=WsRilcKx1JYdinviSUsoNQ&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #3  
Yes, as you said.

If that is a three spool valve and you are using all work ports, You would have 6 hoses or QD's installed in the work ports.

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help
I dont see any port to go to tank on the bm 40 valve? I tore into the tractor and on the original 3 spool loader valve there is only 1 in and 1 out that I can see. The guy at the store said the same. just install the new valve in the line between original loader valve and the 3 point valve.
I removed the hard steel line between the loader valve and 3 point vale to get new fittings and line to go to the new 3 spool valve. Anyone have any idea what thread the the fitting is for this power beyond loop? I remember dfkrug having a lot of adapters when he did his on his rebuild. I think it is metric? 3 spool 1.jpg3 spool 2.jpg

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #5  
I dont see any port to go to tank on the bm 40 valve? I tore into the tractor and on the original 3 spool loader valve there is only 1 in and 1 out that I can see. The guy at the store said the same. just install the new valve in the line between original loader valve and the 3 point valve.
I removed the hard steel line between the loader valve and 3 point vale to get new fittings and line to go to the new 3 spool valve. Anyone have any idea what thread the the fitting is for this power beyond loop? I remember dfkrug having a lot of adapters when he did his on his rebuild. I think it is metric?View attachment 343971View attachment 343972

The PB port and the Tank port are in the picture you posted.

Did you read the PDF I posted above.

The tank port is above the PB port.

In the second picture, you have a plug in the tank port.

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #6  
I wonder why they didn't put that T nearer the Tank port.

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #7  

The PB port is on the side below the the T port..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=WsRilcKx1JYdinviSUsoNQ&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc
I don't mean to intrude here, but I am also installing a valve and I know you say to tee the return line from the new valve into the existing return. Is it possible to put some kind of tee in a flexible return hose or does the tee need to be at a point where there is already some connection?

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help #8  
You can put a tee at any convenient location in a return line.

It should be equal to or greater than the port size and withstand heat.

Pressure rating about 1000 psi.

/ JD 4300 3 spool valve install, JJ help
OK JJ I thought when the power beyond sleeve was installed it looked like it was just blocking the top T port but I see now that there is passage along that end of the casting to that top port. I will install the tank line. I appreciate the help and direction. Thanks:)
Anyone know of anywhere good in Ontario to purchase bulkhead mountable 3/8" quick connects?spool 3.jpg