JD 455 value

/ JD 455 value #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
Jd guru's-

I picked up a 1999 jd 455 in good condition with jd loader, 60" deck, 3 pt hitch and 22 hp yanmar diesel with 1000 hrs. Machine starts and runs great, diff lock works great, I just moved a bunch of snow with it. Needs a few things, front grill is loose,and needs rear lights. New ag tires. Also has chains and manuals.
A friend asked me about buying it as they know I buy/sell equipment as a hobby. But my expertise is with cub/yanmar......this is my first venture to the dark (green) side...lol.
Opinions on value?

/ JD 455 value #2  
In the neighborhood of $6k.

You have a winner with that JD 455, and if you are smart then you will stay on the dark green side. Cub won't hold a candle to the 455..

/ JD 455 value
In the neighborhood of $6k. You have a winner with that JD 455, and if you are smart then you will stay on the dark green side. Cub won't hold a candle to the 455..

Yes it is a nice machine! But my yellow and black team would certainly go on strike if it stays around too long.....lol.
I am selling it if anyone's interested!

/ JD 455 value
Anyone interested at 6000?

/ JD 455 value #5  
How well do 455 or 445 do on steeper hills? There is a local guy with a 445 that has me looking in the green zone here. Scoutcub, your 455 with loader checks off more functions of what I need. Only a 7 hour drive compared to a 1 hour drive for the 445.

Any fluid leaks?
speed of loader seem good?

/ JD 455 value
The diff lock definitely helps on hills, I've got some steep hills on my property.
There seems to be a small leak coming under the pedals, I've got to get under there to investigate. I also just purchased the upgraded reverse pedal, if I have time I will install it.
The loader responds quickly, no leaks or issues with it.