JD 5055 quick hitch

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #1  

Stonewall Cardinal

Tractor
John Deere 5055E
I want a quick hitch for my 5055. I'm told that the Pat's is the best way to go. Anyone have experience with them?
TIA

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #2  
No, but several like them.
I went with the iMatch from Deere. Along with the hyd. top arm, the system can't be beat. IMO

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #4  
I have a set of Pats setting on my work bench. When i got a hydraulic top link, I got a quick hitch. Works better for me.

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #5  
I have the Pat's and so far they have been great, for me personally they work better than a quick hitch. To each his own, it can be a hard choice to make without having experienced each to find out what works best for you.

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #6  
I'm not a quick hitch fan at all. I do have two of them, one is welded to a SSQA plate and one has been modified to be used for gooseneck trailers.
I like the Euro hook and ball system much better, it does cost a bit more to convert over if the tractor didn't come with the system.

The Pat's tries to duplicate the Euro system in a poor fashion.

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #7  
The Pats’s have pluses and minuses.

I had to learn the hard way not to use the soft bolts that came with it. They will bend and then become unable to remove when you break them off in the casting. First solution was to use a harder grade bolt.
This was mostly effective, then I realized that trying to prevent the Pat’s from swiveling in the lift arm’s ball was counterproductive.
IT NEEDS TO SWIVEL as the implement is raised/lowered. Don’t fight it.
Otherwise, the implement’s pins have to swivel in the Pat’s “hook”, and this leads to a lot of tension and bad things happening.

Also, don’t use those “1/2 washers”. They find a way to slip by the clip. Having a 1000lb mower fall 1/2 off the 3 point hitch when your on the a bad side hill or wedged in a ditch is not fun.

/ JD 5055 quick hitch #8  
I generally like my Pats but I have had a sprayer come off. Other implements have stayed on fine.

What do you use for washers Cobyrupert? I have a sprayer that has sometimes slipped off twice. Do you just leave the bolts a little loose so the Pats can swivel some? Thanks for the tips.