JD 5103 temp issue

/ JD 5103 temp issue #1  

StrutnBPS

Tractor
John Deer 5103
2003 JD 5103 just shy of 500hrs. Temperature gauge will slowly go to red when Rpms get around 2,000 or higher. It will back off when I go to lower rpms. Coolant color is good. Level is good. Fan is working. Coolant not boiling. Radiator is hot to touch, but not fry an egg hot. I知 thinking thermostat sticking?

On a side note. My gauge cluster went 電own for a little while. I found that it was a skint light bulb wire touching frame.

/ JD 5103 temp issue #2  
Try the cheap stuff first.
Pop the hood and try to look through the radiator. Put a torch in the back first. If you can not , or have trouble seeing the torch then the radiator is blocked. You will need to hose the radiator out from both front and back. Radiators can have an amazing amount of dirt in them.
Good luck

/ JD 5103 temp issue #3  
Good suggestion from redman135

"torch" meaning a bright light (flashlight).. I assume.
To us on other side of the world, a torch is usually a jet of flame (fire) coming out the nozzle of a propane burner.. ;)

And water and dirt make mud, so need to make sure there is no mud left after washing out.

StrutnBPS doesn't indicate where from.. good idea to add location to profile for better understanding. ;)

And :welcome: to TBN for StrutnBPS