JD 5105 Fire

/ JD 5105 Fire #21  
I guess that is the world of insurance. Nothing definite and negotiate. If you decide you want the salvage rights on the damaged tractor, start low on payment for it to see if they have a set price. If you don't take it, they must dispose of it.
I had a motorcycle accident back many years ago (in the 70s). On a Honda 750. The motor was good and the only thing bad was the bent frame. I think new cost back then was $1600 (that should be about $11,000 in todays money). The ins company sold the salvage rights to me for $365. I ordered a new frame and built a chopper with it.

/ JD 5105 Fire #22  
Never had any equipment roast yet but if I did and I was hooked to an implement, I'd just let it burn and collect the insurance and move on. All my tractors and implements are insured against fire and mischief loss with no deductible

/ JD 5105 Fire #23  
Then you would be stuck replacing it with tier 4 junk. Sometimes what we have is priceless and can't be replaced. Glad no one was hurt. That is one good thing with JD, You probably can get a new harness. It will cost an arm and a leg but parts support is there.

/ JD 5105 Fire #24  
There is a once nice BBQ'd cab tractor sitting down the road at the edge of a field. Nothing left to salvage. Looks grisly.

/ JD 5105 Fire
Then you would be stuck replacing it with tier 4 junk. Sometimes what we have is priceless and can't be replaced. Glad no one was hurt. That is one good thing with JD, You probably can get a new harness. It will cost an arm and a leg but parts support is there.
Yeah, I want to avoid new stuff. I'd probably be looking for another early 00's model of some type.

I did check with the dealer, there are four of the replacement harnesses available in the US. ~$1700. I definitely don't want a used harness.

/ JD 5105 Fire #26  
I'm interested in what you upgraded your fire extinguishers from and to.
We are doing some more fire protection around our place this year.
rScotty

/ JD 5105 Fire
I don't remember the brand I had before. They were larger disposable ones from Lowes. I bought Kiddie Pro 340s from HD to replace the ones I used and one smaller of the same brand to add. I now have 2 340s near the entrance to the shop and the smaller one at the back of the shop. I'll add smaller ones to the tractors themselves.

/ JD 5105 Fire #28  
I bought my fire extinguishers from a fire and safety company. I take them in every couple years to be inspected. Costs a couple bucks, but it does give me peace of mind.

Doug in SW IA