JD 790 and 300 loader question

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Just bought a new to me JD790 with a 300 loader,,its a really nice tractor,,think Im gonna like,,just a question on the loader,,all works grat and love the it removes,,it just seems like it loose where it sets on the main loader bracket,,that may be the way its supposed to be

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question #2  
A good pic or two of how it appears loose will help for comments.

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question #3  
I had welded strap to the loader where it is worn this area to tighten it up. I could take pictures of you like.

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question #4  
Just bought a new to me JD790 with a 300 loader,,its a really nice tractor,,think Im gonna like,,just a question on the loader,,all works grat and love the it removes,,it just seems like it loose where it sets on the main loader bracket,,that may be the way its supposed to be

I have a 790 with a 419 (?) loader and there is a retrofit kit of steel spacers that tightens up the loader. Not sure if this is your specific issue but worth a look.

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question
please do

Is this a JD kit from the dealer

Tractor doesnt have but 800 hrs on it,,u wouldnt think it would wear that much

/ JD 790 and 300 loader question #8  
Tractor doesnt have but 800 hrs on it,,u wouldnt think it would wear that much

So far, we haven't seen "how much" wear there is..
After that many hours, by 430 FEL on the 4300 is "loose" and not tight, but not so loose that it will come off. Am not worried about it.
edit: The 300 FEL is not like the 430 FEL in the connection to the mounting frames. Round vs Square...
Can you show us how loose yours is.. ?

Last edited:
   / JD 790 and 300 loader question #9  
Is this a JD kit from the dealer

It was a factory bulletin and dealer should be aware of it or it must be searchable online. There is a part you can order from parts that takes up slack I presume the same slack you are speaking of.

I had thought about trying to make a shim out of thin sheet metal,,I had also thought about a thin piece of plastic like a gallon oil jug just to stop the metal on metal movement,,I think i will also check with a JD dealer and see if they have a fix