JD 990 power beyond no longer available

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #1  

yandeereguy

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 950 2wd John Deere 870 MFWD, John Deere F525 mower, John Deere F725 mower, John Deere F510 mower, John Deere Lx172 mower
I talked to two sales guys at two different stores I mentioned I may need a power beyond kit for a 4005, the sales guy said "is that a John Deere"? The other guy told me the 990 was an old tractor so I'd need to talk to parts...

I had this ordered a week ago before I bought the tractor, today I get a call from the parts guy and he said JD told them that bm18010 is no longer available.. greenparts store is helping me but I have to buy it piece by piece which is 23 parts to make the kit..

I guess I'm gonna start adding it up and see how much it's gonna cost.

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #2  
I'd be very surprised if the PB kit available for the 4005 wouldn't work.... Hopefully, your dealer will have somebody there who, has enough experience to remember a little bit of tractor "history" as well as a measure of "creative adaptability" to come up with a solution! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #3  
you may find there is a replacement # coming,
wouldn't hurt to check with your local guy to
see if he can search other dealer inventory
for the kit and have it brought in from another
dealer.

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available
looking like 380.00 bucks buying each part piece by piece the two hard lines are the pricy ones at 114.40 bucks each....

I might just go all aeroquip and do it myself, it will be cheaper, maybe skip the hard lines all together and buy braided stainless hose.. and purchase only the brackets from JD

AK, the kit for the 4005 looks to be the same part number bm18010

Going to take the sheet metal off the back to make sure I need everything or if some of those parts are just for a different configuration first

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #6  
The instructions for the kit only mentions 870, 970, 1070. There does appear to be extra parts for those models. I'm not sure if there are extra parts for the 990 or 4005.

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #7  
Check on-line at weingartz.com When my local JD Dealer said a retrofit kit to add a JD59 snowblower to my 790 wasn't available from any dealer Weingartz had 5 in stock. :thumbsup:

okay so those 23 parts that make up bm18010 kit, has 3 hard lines and one of those lines won't be needed.. am877597 means no scv loader valve and AM877598 hooks up to the scv if already installed..

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #9  
I talked to two sales guys at two different stores I mentioned I may need a power beyond kit for a 4005, the sales guy said "is that a John Deere"? The other guy told me the 990 was an old tractor so I'd need to talk to parts...

I had this ordered a week ago before I bought the tractor, today I get a call from the parts guy and he said JD told them that bm18010 is no longer available.. greenparts store is helping me but I have to buy it piece by piece which is 23 parts to make the kit..

I guess I'm gonna start adding it up and see how much it's gonna cost.
Do you happen to still have the part numbers for the 23 parts? I have a 990 im
Needed To add a set of rear hydraulics to as well.
Thanks

/ JD 990 power beyond no longer available #10  
Send a PM to yandeereguy to get his attention. Otherwise he may not see your question.
Has not been active in 8 years.