/ jd2305 rear wheels #1  

raykos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD2305
Hi all,

Maybe my search skills are lacking, but I can't find anything definite about:

1. Can or cannot the rear wheels on a jd2305 be flipped for a wider
stance & to prevent chains from rubbing against frame?

2. If they can be flipped, what is the offset of the rear wheels?

I've found threads mentioning this subject, but nothing definite like yes/no, pictures, dimensions, do's or don'ts,etc.

Thanks,

Ray

/ jd2305 rear wheels #2  
I can't help on flipping the wheels, we just bought 1.5" spacers for ours. We haven't put them on yet. We did it for stability on seep hill sides. We bought ours from Bro-Tek.

/ jd2305 rear wheels #3  
Yes they can be flipped around but it is not necessary. I had the independent lift on mine, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I used JD chains and put them on very tight and never had a problem. I didn't want to turn mine around because I used to change pressure often and didn't want to crawl under the tractor to do it.

/ jd2305 rear wheels #4  
I can't swear to this, but I think the rear wheels are the same on the 2305 as they are on my 2210.

If so, with the valve stems out, they are in the wide setting. Valve stems in, they are in the narrow setting. Changes wheel/tire position 3/4".

Here's a couple pics. First pic shows wheel installed with stem out, or as I call it, pretty side out, which is the wide setting.

DSC07118.JPG

Second pic whosw wheel installed with stem in, or as I call it, ugly side out, which is the narrow setting.

DSC07119.JPG

I run mine in the wide setting, stem out, for stability when mowing road banks. Actually I think it was set that way when I got the tractor. Again, 3/4" difference on each side.

/ jd2305 rear wheels
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Exactly the kind of pics/info I needed.