Jd3520

/ Jd3520 #1  

Thisco

Tractor
Jd 3520
My jd 3520 started right up was backing it up & it just stopped .
Now nothing no cranking , nothing
On dash when turn on key- like fuse blown - checked fuses seem good
If I turn blinks on etc they work- so battery must be o.k (?) -help

/ Jd3520 #2  
You don't give much to go on. When you turn the key on you should get the alternator light and the low oil light. Lack of them would seem to indicate no power. The lighting circuit and turn signals are probably separate. You may have lost a fusible link or mice may have gotten into your wiring. You could also have a loose connection or possibly a defective ignition switch. A schematic diagram would be a big help.

/ Jd3520 #4  
If it is cold where you are, the fuel could be frozen (or water in the fuel line) ,,
Hence, the start, run a little, then quit.

As far as no start, is there a safety, like you may have left the shift in "REVERSE",, so it will not start.
Or a seat safety, or PTO, or the DOZEN or so other safeties,,,

That is common to happen, especially if the tractor never stalled before.

/ Jd3520 #6  
Try jump-starting the tractor using a known-good battery. If the tractor starts with the booster battery, then it is likely that the existing battery in the 3520 is bad and must be replaced. If the tractor will not start using a booster, then the issue is somewhere else with a fuse, cable, starter solenoid or maybe even the ignition key switch.

I’ve replaced the battery in my 3520 a couple times now over the 10 years that I’ve owned it. I’ve also replaced the ignition key switch once.

Good luck!

/ Jd3520
check seat switch