Jeep Liberty CRD

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Ok, Mrs RockyRidge loves it.

Does anyone whnow of any sites where they really tear into them? I am curiopus about any performance/economy improvements, etc.

BTW I work in a Chrysler store. The CRD has to be the one of the most flawless new vehicle intros I have ever seen. ZERO problems...

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BTW I work in a Chrysler store. )</font> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike,
The way you were getting us the inside scoop on the new <font color="green">John Deeres</font>, I thought you might work at a Deere dealer or something.

Are they selling the CRD yet, I don't guess I've seen one on the dealer's lot yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It ought to sell well. (maybe that's why they aren't on the lots - they sell as soon as they get them.

Phil

/ Jeep Liberty CRD
<font color="green"> Are they selling the CRD yet, I don't guess I've seen one on the dealer's lot yet. It ought to sell well. (maybe that's why they aren't on the lots - they sell as soon as they get them. </font>

Nah, they don't wait till they get into the store, most folks will gladly buy one off the rail cars... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to dig upo a lot on DCX scoops but tractors are more fun.

But the new Jeep Gladiator pickup should be really sweet, and especially if they go ahead with the CRD in it, as well... It is a throwback to the '50s Willys Pickup, which I have a '56 and really like...

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #4  
I've been trying to catch up on these as well, as the time nears to replace (or at least demote) my 96 Cherokee. There were a number of peculiar CRD problems reported early on. A google will bring up more than you want to read. Biggest problem as I recall was a 'studder' or 'hesitation/jerk' at around 50-60mph. First repair attempt is a re-flash of the computer, not sure about how successful this has been.

General Liberty concerns seem to involve the A/C, tranny (hard shifting) and front suspension/ball joints.

The majority of users seemed to be getting only marginally better mileage than the gas V6, but some exceptions are doing a *lot* better.

I'd just as soon buy a 4.0 straight six 2006 Cherokee if they still made them like my '96. Best all-arounder I've ever owned.

/ Jeep Liberty CRD
The 4.0 is a great engine in my book. I added a k&N cold air intake, and a free flow cat to mine. It really helps both fuel economy and performance.

Chrysler tried to discontinue the Cherokee three times before succeeding. The Liberty is called Cherokee in Europe, because it was designed to be the Cherokee replacement, but there was such a howl in the US, they decided to offer both here, but, in the end, the XJ got dropped. The Grand cherokee was also supposed to replace it in '93. The XJ was built for over 18 years. The new Jeep Commander takes its styling from the Cherokee, but with three rows of seats will be a 'bit' larger.

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #6  
Mike,
Is Jeep really going to make a Gladiator? That would be sweet!
My favorite all time Jeep was the old FC 150s and FC 170s forward control pickups. Very effecient use of space; but I'd take a Wrangler any time.

BTW, what's DCX?
Maybe Daimler Chrysler X(?)? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #7  
I've saved every Gladiator photo I've ever found on the net. If they make the Galdiator, I'm going to buy stock! It will sell like hotcakes. Absolutely beautiful truck (as good looking as the Power Wagon). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Jeep Liberty CRD
DCX is Daimler Chrysler's stock symbol...

I am told the Gladiator is a likely Go... hard to guess, but last month the Jeep brand had it's best month EVER. Jeep is one of the worlds most recognized trademarks, right up there with CocaCola... Can't hurt IMHO to give another choice!

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #9  
Failing a 'real' '06 Cherokee, I'd settle for a Select-Trac box option in a Wrangler Unlimited. Can't figure out why they don't offer that since it should be nearly drop-in. I had to order my Cherokee to get the Select-Trac and the limited-slip rear. With good tires it's made for a great western PA winter commuter when you don't know what the road condition may be from one turn or hill to the next, and just as capable back on the farm.

/ Jeep Liberty CRD #10  
If they do bring the Gladiator to market with the diesel and anything close to the specs of the prototype (1500 lbs payload, for example), it will be my next pickup...

Right now I'm driving a V-8 Dakota 4WD, since I like the midsize 4WD for maneuverability, but need the 5,000 - 6,000 towing capacity.

A diesel midsize would be AWESOME!

Allpar Gladiator review

Specs from Jeep's carshow page