Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #1  

theoldpioneer

Tractor
1956 AC WD45/Jinma 254
Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what\'s the difference

I've been looking for a little 4WD tractor to go into the woods where my old AC gets stuck. I was looking at a Farm Pro (25 hp) the other day and noticed that it had a Jimna serial plate. I also noticed that a Farm King 254 tractor (at the local Rural King store) also had a Jimna plate. I've also looked at a Jimna. But the three salesmen insisted that "these tractors are different as night and day!" I've read posts on forums like this that also claim the tractors are "different." I suppose they could be, but for the life of me, I can't see what the differences are. What are the differences between them, other than different brand labels on their bonnets?

Also, I was wondering if anyone on this forum has recently bought (or knows someone who bought) a reconditioned tractor from RCO and what their experience was like.

Thanks!

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #2  
Re: Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what\'s the difference

These tractors are all Jinmas,the only difference is in the options, spring seats,hoods,electronic panels,fenders,headlights,ect.The drive train is mostly the same.Farm Pro sells the stripped down version,we have the LE version ,shuttle shift.It all depends on what you want to pay for or would like to have

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #3  

from all the advertisements I have seen, there is no difference in tractor specification or equipment supplied between Farm Pro, Nortrac, farm King, etc. Some of the independent importers bring in a dressed up version, but with the exception of the shuttle shift option, the mechanics are the same.

It is true that some of the very early Farm Pros were sold less tachometers, I think that is also true of Nortracs. I think all "brands" now offer folding ROPS, sunshade, weights, etc.

Assembly quality will vary some. At one time Farm Pro had some pretty quesitonable assembly but with their new assembly line concept, and their leverage with the factory to improve quality, we are seeing some pretty good tractors these days. The engine trans and rear are completely assembled in China before shipping.

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Farm King 254 tractor (at the local Rural King store) )</font>
Think you're referring to their TractorKing. Because FarmPro is sold by Homier. Both still wear those Jinma tags underneath though. The orange and red ones at RK are Jinmas. The the 40/65/70 hp blue ones - the ones they won't show photos of - are Futian.

Ref the RCO question, I assume you're talking about an auction tractor. Been some pretty nasty stories about what buyers found when they actually arrived to pick up their purchase. You might want to read up HERE about RCO. Crank up your search engine, that's not the only one. Personal opinion, but I wouldn't have anything to do with grey market tractor myself - especially if I never even get to kick the tires first.

Concerning a Rural King purchase, I strongly recommend you talk to others in your area who have bought from that particular store. Hint: unless YOU have the time and the skills, fast and competent and reliable service after sale is VERY important to owners of Chinese tractors.

//greg//

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference

Thanks so much for your advice and thoughts. Maybe I'll put a new loader and more weights on the AC and keep it out of places where it gets stuck! Happy Thanskgiving!

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #6  

YOP:

what aws said above is true all about the same, the things no one said is these are GOOD tractors and have a lot of bang for the buck... I have not had mine STUCK where I could not get out. even when it slid into the creek and I had to climb it out over the 6~8' high pile of loose debris I was pushing with the FEL and had to go over it as I couldn't back up... (Stuipd story I posted a long while back about! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) anyhow like others said dealer assembly is a big issue for how things work after the fact but most any of them are getting very good assembly now. parts after the fact are nothing to worry about they are very available. some have extended warrenty with service ect while others only offer a stripped down 6 mo parts only warrenty type thing. that is where the biggest price difference comes in... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark M

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #7  

Thanks Mark, forgot that point, yes these are great little tractors and may be one of hte best values out there. They will have a little more maintenance required but most of the 5 or 6 dozen Jinmas weve sold in the last year and a half have not been back for any kind of warranty work, In fact I'll bet we have not seen but 5 or 6 of them back and usually it is some minor adjustment. If my customers are not happy, they are keeping is a secret, and I really dont expect that is too likely.

We offer extended warranties up to 5 years through Fail Safe, the 2 year being the most popular for us

As a Farm Pro distributor, I am a little biased toward their program, but there is nothing wrong with a good independent dealer if he can provide good service and parts support.

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #8  

I happened to be fighting the crowd yesterday at Rural King and noticed that they had a "20% off any one item" coupon in their flier for one day only. One guy bought the blue 65hp 4X4 Tractor King tractor for what looked like a real bargain. The tractor was a large frame 4X4 tractor with a 65 hp diesel engine with power beyond and front weights. The original price was $12,900. After his 20% off coupon, he bought that tractor brand new for $10,320! Unless it is total junk, it sure looks like he got a deal!! I didn't need one, but for that price, it was tempting. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #9  

Wow.. 65hp for just over 10large.. I think I'd have taken that chance as well.

I remember when TSC used to send out those 10% off fliers.. I bought my 5'
rotary mower using one. Now they limit them to 10% or 50 dollars.. whichever is lower. Still 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Back to the 65 hp tractor... Even if it was 'light duty', I figuree you should be able to treat it like a 50 hp tractor and do fine. Anyone own or test drive one of these things.. or get up close and feel and smeel it? any details?

Manufacturer? casting? finish? technology?

Soundguy

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #10  

One guy earlier in this thread said it was a Futain, which is another Chinese manufacturer. The guy loading it up yesterday said that is was a Jimna (sp?) and as long as you keep up with the maintence he said that he'd seen a neighbor put several hundred hard hours on his with no problems.

It did lack some on bells and whistles, the fit and finish was a little crude, but overall it looked pretty darn sound! Since I'd had another 20% off coupon, I was likely going to buy one based entirely on price. However, the ad did specify that it was "one day only", and only for items in stock. They had smaller red models, but I thought the steal was on the 65 hp model!

I tried to give the guy my email address so he could email me as to how he liked it. Unfortunately, he said that he didn't use the internet much, and was sure he'd love it for the money! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Oh well, if they run that ad again, even if it is next year, I'll jump on one for a second tractor!