Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #11  
Re: Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what\'s the difference

I bet if you ask to talk to the store manager..... They would give you that price even if they have to order it. Some profit is always better than none.......

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #12  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One guy earlier in this thread said it was a Futain, which is another Chinese manufacturer. The guy loading it up yesterday said that is was a Jimna (sp?))</font>
You didn't mention if your 20% guy got any warranty coverage for that price. If not - or after the parts warranty period expires - he's in for a surprise when attempting to mate Jinma parts to a Futian. A glance at the manufacturer's plates will likely reveal it's got a Weichai "1998 engine" in a 2003 or older Futian tractor.

Futian is the name under which this tractor was marketed before they got sued by New Holland for trade dress infringement. To avoid marketing stigma, the name for subsequent "legal" imports was changed to Foton.

To be fair, there's a remote chance that RK might actually be reselling Fotons now. But that assumption is not supported by evidence at at hand. Note that - for advertising purposes - Rural King has removed the FT404/FT654/FT704 designators from the spec sheets, no longer displays FT404/FT654/FT704 photographs, and doesn't even call them "blue tractors" anymore.

The price paid is great, and it's a brute of a machine. No reason it won't be a good performer. I was offered an even better deal on the FT404, but passed it up because of parts concerns and service after sale issues. Personal concerns aside, as long as the buyer is capable of supervising the mechanicals, parts availability in the long term IS the only problem I'd expect buyers to encounter.

//greg//

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #13  

Cool. Thanks for the info. As is obvious, I don't know squat about those tractors. It just seemed like a bargain for the price. My hesitation was for the exact reason you mentioned; parts. Since I've now gotten too busy to do most of my own wrenching, I've lost my desire for "mystery" items. I suppose I'm odd in that at times I don't mind doing a bit of fabricating and welding on various projects, but I do that at my leisure. I actually enjoy it as a change of pace from a "white collar" type of job. If I was forced to do it to make something work before I could use it, it wouldn't go over well with me.

/ Jimna, Farm Pro, Farm King-what's the difference #14  

Nice.. I kinda wish we had a ?rural king? here in fl.. we have TSC.. and they don't have any tractors.. but it would be nice if they did.. I'm sure I'd have one by now if they did..

Soundguy