JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #1  

valley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Michigan 55A, Foton 254
Hi, I have a 2005 Foton 254 with the ZL-20 FEL down the bonnet can't be raised. Is the mounting wrong? Anyone have the same problem? Can anything be done? Richard :cool:

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #2  
I have a 2007 JM254 and a ZL-20 Loader. I can only open it when the is full down, even if that means lifting up the front of the tractor. Maybe just a bit of poor design. Otherwise i am very happy with the package.

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #3  
I have no such problems with my Jinma 304 with the Jinma FEL. I think your problem is that you're calling it a "bonnet" like they do in the UK. I call mine a "hood" and it opens just fine. Try talking to it nicely. (grin)

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet
OK! Rich, I'll go down and call it a hood but if it don't open, I don't happy!

Full down I can't open it. Lifting the front of the tractor with the FEL is a bit scary. Richard :cool:

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #5  
Hi, I have a 2005 Foton 254 with the ZL-20 FEL down the bonnet can't be raised. Is the mounting wrong? Anyone have the same problem? Can anything be done? Richard :cool:

That's the way it is with my Jinma 2006 354LE and the ZL-30 FEL.

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #6  
My Jinma 254/284 has no problem with the hood opening with the ZL20 FEL at a rest. It will also open with the loader in the full up position but not with it midway, not that I can ever see a reason to open it with the FEL in any position but down for safety.

Chris

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #7  
foton hood opens hinged at the front.thus the loader has to be up and blocked [i use a piece of angle on the cylinder rod same as a skid steer] Scottie

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet
Chris, Your 254 has no trouble lifting the, bon-ooups, hood? Is there more than one way to install the ZL-20? Your 254 hood hinged in front? Richard

Scottie, Are you riding a Foton?

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #9  
own a Jinma 224, sell Jinma and Foton with either chinese or Frey loaders

/ JM/ZL-20 FEL Can't open bonnet #10  
Loretta has a 2008 Jinma 284 same frame (I think) as the 254's?
She has no problem opening the hood. I've never tried it with the loader in any position but down on the ground though. I'm a little leery of walking under a lifted FEL I guess.
On second thought, I did open the hood when the FEL was all the way up. I blocked it first. There are photos in the valve lash adjustment thread.