John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #21  
I believe 3 range would be nice If doing a lot of loader work where loading a bucket then driving a distance to dump and back. My two range is hard to get a bucket full in anything but soft dirt so low range to load then stop and shift to high for transport. Never had 3 range so this could be wishful thinking.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #22  
I have a 3 range and happy with it.(y) I'm asking because my older brother has considered getting a 2 range machine and I had never given it much thought.

Thank you for the replies.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #23  
A 2 range vs 3 range is somewhat a matter of opinion, and what an operator gets used to. I personally would not consider a 2 range transmission. Likely the best feature of my L4060 is the 3 range transmission with an on the fly Hi-Lo for each range.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #24  
I have an L4740 which I bought new in 2010. I love it but it has 4000 and now has to be split for a seal repair and will cost over $6000. Now it needs new tires and I suppose a pump in a couple of years. I’m thinking it is time to trade and buy another.

But I moved and I can’t seem to get work to justify buying a new L series. Big money for me here in canada.

I can’t stand that noise of a pump that sounds like it is going to let go at any moment. Takes all the fun out of working it.
Ya, and now because you know that, it makes you think about it every time you are in it.

Still though....6 grand compared to the price of new is an easy pill to swallow. Especially when you consider anything built today has the strong possibility of being a lemon with cheap components.

I would get it all fixed, then get your dealer to get you new rims and tires through Kubota Whole Goods. You basically get the rims for free that way.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #25  
I have never had a 2 range hydro so I don't know how the ratios overlap in those. But I know with my little B2620 all three speed ranges get used. I can basically do everything in medium. Even box blading up my hills on the bush road. But sometimes I will use low just thinking it is easier on the hydro.
And high still has enough power that I can plow snow with the bucket on flat areas when want the extra speed for backing up long runs.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610
Ya, and now because you know that, it makes you think about it every time you are in it.

Still though....6 grand compared to the price of new is an easy pill to swallow. Especially when you consider anything built today has the strong possibility of being a lemon with cheap components.

I would get it all fixed, then get your dealer to get you new rims and tires through Kubota Whole Goods. You basically get the rims for free that way.
Yes and I don't think mine has all that REGEN stuff and I heard it creates problems. I know if I sell it and go to the 26 hp I will miss the weight, the power and the proven technology.. You have a good point.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610
I heard the lx2610 has a loud hydro pump whine. Does anyone know if they got that fixed? I don't like that noice because it always makes me feel the pump is going to go. It's not the nice tractor sound I'm use to with the L4740.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #28  
I heard the lx2610 has a loud hydro pump whine. Does anyone know if they got that fixed? I don't like that noice because it always makes me feel the pump is going to go. It's not the nice tractor sound I'm use to with the L4740.
From all the releases Kubota has just put out, they put a new quieter hydro in the new 35 and 40 horsepower LX's to address this complaint, but I'm pretty sure they did not upgrade the 2610. I have not seen or read anything about them doing it on that model.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #29  
Three range all the way otherwise you will be going to slow or to fast, med is just right for most work. Those little tractors do alright with 2 range but their work load is not as much either, mowing grass hauling in the loader, tilling soft dirt gardens unless they are beaten hard using them as a DOZER which some do but most do not. Having 25HP diesel and up, will do a lot of different work, having the 3 ranges will be welcomed..It is all about your needs and the kind of use the tractor will get..I use all three tranny speeds but mostly medium.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #30  
If you are dead set on paying the premium for JD or Kubota, they both make good equipment. Features will depend on your uses. My TYM has 3 range, but I don't really use H. I don't need to travel on roads, though. Good luck in your search.