John Deere 2040 project Help Needed

/ John Deere 2040 project Help Needed #1  

rkdF250

Tractor
John Deere 2040
I am refurbishing a 2040 that has been in my family for a long time. It appears that some shortcuts have been made in the past. I have a primary Instrument cluster that has the warning lights, tachometer, fuel gauge and Temperature gauge int it. I removed the cluster today and it is full of corrosion so I am sure it needs to be replaced. The wiring harness is complete and now I am chasing down sensors. At some point a Oil Pressure gauge was installed which has a pressure hose going to the engine. I really just want to get the tachometer and lights working. The engine and all other parts of the tractor are in perfect shape. I would just buy a new cluster for it but I want to make sure everything will work first. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

/ John Deere 2040 project Help Needed #2  
One would need to know tractor serial number for correct cluster but this is cluster for later model 2040. AL31829 Instrument Cluster - INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ADD 1,170.03 USD

/ John Deere 2040 project Help Needed
The instrument cluster is AL31829. I have found one that is reasonable but I am thinking of putting in a Manual Tach in it's place. I just cannot figure out where I would connect the manual tachometer cable. The drive cables depicted seem to short to go to the same part as the magnetic pickup on the front of the engine so I assume it will connect somewhere else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.