John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #11  
Here's from JD parts. Key 8 is non ported cover, key 10 is ported cover. $95.36
3255portedcover10.JPG

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing
Here's from JD parts. Key 8 is non ported cover, key 10 is ported cover. $95.36
Perfect. Thanks! I am going to need to get a whole lot better searching these parts books.

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #13  
I've been looking for JD parts since the mid 1960's when I was 1st employed by a JD dealer & sometimes I have difficulty locating a part in JD parts system. IMHO the last JD parts system change made it more difficult for this "old codger" to locate part #s !!!;)

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #14  
I agree JD has made parts look up much harder. No longer an alphabetical search, no longer parts specs, no longer a search by specs.
My guess is JD no longer wants to pay employees to support the online parts website. Or paid an outside company to take over it's parts website?

So I ended up missing out on that 260 unfortunately. There are a few other options around, but not with the right mounts yet. So my question is this:

Would other mounts, say for a 7000 series (or any others) fit the frame if I were able to have the arms to the rear axle fabricated and welded on to them? Or are they a completely different size and bolt pattern that just won't work?

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #16  
With the aid of an acetylene torch & welder anyone with minimal fabricating skills can create/repurpose mounting brackets. I agree brackets should extend so they can be bolted to rear axle housings for added support for tractor

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #17  
John Deere sold several loaders that used mounts that attached to the rear axle.
245,260, 265, 640, & 740 all have mounts that attach to the rear axle. I would not want to fabricate mounts when they exist.
I would seek out a 640 loader
I have a pair of these mounts if you need measurements, they are for a 640 loader
640loadermount.JPG

Last edited:
I would not want to fabricate mounts when they exist.
Totally. Definitely not my preference, but I am finding these mounts quite hard to come by up in Canada. I do see them more often down there, but with borders closed until who knows when, it gets harder to get them home. Basically looking to see if there are other feasible alternatives.

I will add the 640 to my search list and see what I come up with. Thanks!

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #19  
JD offered 146 & 148 loader with mounting frames with axle mounting brackets but I think those FEL's weren't MFWD compatible.

/ John Deere 3255 Loader Plumbing #20  
JD offered 146 & 148 loader with mounting frames with axle mounting brackets but I think those FEL's weren't MFWD compatible.
You are correct, these were not used on MFWD tractors. For that era it was the 260 or 265 for his size tractor.
3255 has 6cyl engine. Verses a 4cyl in my 6415. So a 640 loader (which my 6415 has) MAY be too short?
I think the 740 was what was recommended. I am not sure if this was for fitment or capacity?