John Deere 3520 -- Questions

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #11  
It's a 2010. This is a copy of their write-up:
2010 John Deere 3520 tractor with 37 horsepower diesel engine, 4WD, 3 range hydrostatic transmission. Category I 3-point hitch and 30 horsepower at the rear PTO. Cab comes with heat, A/C, and front/rear lights. R4 industrial tires. Mesh grill guard. 300CX loader with 1,360 lbs lifting capacity and bucket with cutting edge and 3 bucket hooks. 2,100 hours.
I agree with others: seems like a fair and reasonable price if the unit is in good condition.

When I purchased my used 3520, I had a tractor-knowledgeable friend give it a look-over just to have his opinion before I purchased it. Good to have a second pair of eyes on such a purchase.

I've been very happy with my model year 2005 3520, except that it doesn't have a cab. :)

Good luck!

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #12  
I've been searching for a tractor for several years and saving up. I have been in the 35-40 HP range, cabbed. I local dealer just posted a 2010 John Deere 3520, 2100 hours, factory cab, a/c, heat and bucket for $26,000.

Thoughts?

I bought a 3520 just over a year ago and really like the size, power and deluxe features. Interestingly I paid $26,000 for it w/o cab but it came with a 375 hoe, 4 in 1 bucket and forks. So maybe similar value I don't know? It had a lot fewer hours though.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions
I looked at it today. The frame looks great, the outside does as well. The inside is nasty, wood chips and who knows what all over the plastic, etc. Prior owner traded up and used it for wood chipping, and dragging out trees. The rear tires in in ROUGH shape, weather cracks all over and worn.

They said that the tires are as is, as everything else. They said new tires would be about $1200. I left, gave them my #.

A couple of hours later they called and offered to install new tires for free. They indicated that there's an oil leak that they are going to fix and flush the oil and replace filter.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #14  
sounds like they are willing to make it happen for you. hopefully you can make it work out.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #15  
Just a couple more thoughts/questions:

- Is the oil leak on the engine or on the hydraulic system? Both systems use filters. Would be good to know exactly how they fix it so it can be checked in the future. Nothing more annoying than a leak that keeps leaking. :)
- Can you check the PTO to make sure it is working ok?
- Can you check the hydraulic system to make sure it is working ok?
- Do the AC and heater work ok inside the cab?

I use a chipper on my 3520 and it produces lots of chaff and dust. Seems kinda odd that the cab is full of chaff and dust when it could be closed up to prevent such stuff from getting inside. The dirty cab may be an indication that the tractor was used hard.

From the size of the chips inside, I think that the owner had the rear window open, just guessing though. They said that the oil leak is near a hydraulic line. I could ask more on that. The sales man didn't know about it, the mechanic told him about it

The rear PTO engaged but no attachments to run, I drove it for about 5 minutes, loader lifted but they didn't have anything to lift. HVAC system was not blowing, I need to ask about that.

I do think it was used hard due to the tires being so worn looking, never seen tires that worn before but I am new to tractors.

They just got in this (this place that has the used Deere is a Kubuta dealer):
2020 Kubota LX2610HSDC tractor with 24.8 horsepower 3 cylinder Kubota diesel engine, 4WD, rear differential lock, and 3 range hydrostatic transmission. Rear and mid PTO with 19.5 horsepower. Category I 3-point hitch. Cab comes with heat and A/C. 63" Kubota LX2963 front blower with hydraulic chute rotation and adjustable shoes. Comes with a bucket. R3 tires with rear chains. 200~ hours.

I really think this would be all that I need. Thoughts? $31k.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #18  
2020 Kubota LX2610HSDC tractor with 24.8 horsepower 3 cylinder Kubota diesel engine, 4WD, rear differential lock, and 3 range hydrostatic transmission. Rear and mid PTO with 19.5 horsepower. Category I 3-point hitch. Cab comes with heat and A/C. 63" Kubota LX2963 front blower with hydraulic chute rotation and adjustable shoes. Comes with a bucket. R3 tires with rear chains. 200~ hours.

I really think this would be all that I need. Thoughts? $31k.
This unit is a much different animal than the 3520 with a lot less HP on both the engine and the PTO, and the R3 tires serve a different purpose than the typical R4 tires. Really depends on what you will use the tractor for and the requirements of the implements that you plan to use with the tractor. Would be best to go over to the Kubota forums and ask those folks about the orange paint. :)

If I didn't have a JD, I'd most certainly have a Kubota as I view them both very highly.

On the 3520, definitely check the AC/heater unit to make sure it is working properly. Regarding the tires, my 3520 is now 17 years old and the front and rear tires look terrible with lots of cracking, but they still hold air just fine and have plenty of actual tread remaining (my unit has approx. 1100 hours on it). On the 3520 you are looking at, if the rear tire tread is worn down a lot compared to the front tires, it could indicate lots of use on paved or hard-packed surfaces in 2WD.

Best of luck to you with either the green or orange!

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #19  
2020 Kubota LX2610HSDC tractor with 24.8 horsepower
LX 2610 is essentially the old B2650 which I had prior to getting an L2501. Make sure you drive the LX around in all ranges including up a grade. The hydro whine can be pretty loud, mine was loud w/o a cab and it's louder with a cab. About the only other slight dislikes I had was the loader was a little flexy with an off center load and if I kept it I was going to add rear spacers because it could be a little tippy. It ran well and powered a 5' mower and cutter fine on level, and even up hill in low range.