John deere 455 Questions

/ John deere 455 Questions #31  
If you're 455 has deck fender pan handle grips or the in fender tool box, I would say NO, those will interfere. The 400 cab has a very straight line for fit on the sides and back, the 455 has a slight curve, so if you try it, you may have to work on the lower edge sealing against the seat pan and the foot rest.

Oh forgot about the location of the fuel inlet also is in different spot.

/ John deere 455 Questions
Drats. will have to keep looking.

/ John deere 455 Questions #33  
Here is a picture of my 430 with the cab on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_143026632.jpg
    IMG_20171202_143026632.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
Here is a picture of my 430 with the cab on it.

See that looks like it would fit the 455. but anyway, another issue i have been having now that it is getting cold is it doesnt want to start. it will crank for days and puffs white/gray smoke till it fires then the usuall plume of black smoke. runs fine after that and antifreeze isnt low. Any ideas? have seafoam in it to clean the injectors but havent run it all through yet if thats it.

/ John deere 455 Questions #35  
Do you know if the glow plugs are working?

/ John deere 455 Questions #36  
I agree, you need to check the glow plugs. Either they aren't getting power, or they are bad. Had to change the ones in my 430 10-15 years ago. Still starts up as soon as the glow plug light on the dash goes out. If it's been getting progressively worse, my bet is on the glow plugs. BTDT.

I agree, you need to check the glow plugs. Either they aren't getting power, or they are bad. Had to change the ones in my 430 10-15 years ago. Still starts up as soon as the glow plug light on the dash goes out. If it's been getting progressively worse, my bet is on the glow plugs. BTDT.

Put new plugs in when I was adjusting the rpms. They were brand new ngks so I assume they are good. Wires are tight. I got into the habit of firing them twice when its below 30 out but still have the same problem.

How do I check if they are getting power. Guessing volt meter from the wire to ground. But just want to be sure.

/ John deere 455 Questions #39  
Yes a Volt meter set to DC volts, you're looking for 12 Volts on each GP.

/ John deere 455 Questions #40  
Also check the ground straps from the engine to the frame. Probably good since the starter works fine but you never know.