Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #221  
Our farmer here bought a new Fendt. When the day comes that all those computers don't boot up when you switch it on, and the thing sits there like a giant expensive Boat Anchor, the simplicity of Kubota might suddenly become appealing. lol
Then go and look at a real farm size Kubota M7 or M8. Do they all run mechanical you think?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #222  
I'm sure not, but I'm just guessing that Kubota still doesn't add technology for the sake of adding technology. You don't need computers to move dirt and you don't need computers to make a tractor operate.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #223  
I'm sure not, but I'm just guessing that Kubota still doesn't add technology for the sake of adding technology. You don't need computers to move dirt and you don't need computers to make a tractor operate.

Hold that though. :laughing:

M7 Cab. That screen on the right, is where you adjust everything on the tractor. From flow rates at the remotes to troubleshoot codes.

M7-CABINE2-copie.jpg

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #224  
Terrible! I feel bad for young people. All these technology traps! TOTALLY at the mercy of someone else when something quits working.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #225  
More horrors...

This is a isobus connector so you tractor can communicate to the computers and sensors on your attachments, std on all modern tractors that has ambition of being a production tool.ETZISO100104_1.jpg

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #226  
More horrors...

This is a isobus connector so you tractor can communicate to the computers and sensors on your attachments, std on all modern tractors that has ambition of being a production tool.

I agree. For those who make a living with their tractor, technology is a necessity. And dramatically increases production.

My large farmer friend's planting tractor is GPS guided. It can space the rows within 1/2" pulling a 60ft wide 24 row planter at 10mph. Try that without a computer.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #227  
There is another side of that same coin. When you can't harvest because the stars are not aligned and nothing works. Of they did a software update, and nothing works. Our other farmer, all GPS and hi tech. Often large portions of the field where there was a glitch and nothing was planted.

I like some kind of Combus, if it's open sourced and universal.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #228  
There is another side of that same coin. When you can't harvest because the stars are not aligned and nothing works. Of they did a software update, and nothing works. Our other farmer, all GPS and hi tech. Often large portions of the field where there was a glitch and nothing was planted.

I like some kind of Combus, if it's open sourced and universal.

Heheheheh…. That's funny.. Your "other farmer all GPS and hi tech" isn't much of a farmer if he leaves "large portions of the field where there was a glitch and nothing was planted".

Maybe he couldn't hear the computer sirens going off in the cab because he had the radio up too loud??? :confused3:

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #229  
Just looked up the 2015 Austria Stats

17.23 % Steyr
13.06 % New Holland
11.17 % Deere
9.07 % Fendt
7.44 % Massey
5.63 % Deutz
4.43 % Kubota

So Deere has double the market share... and is Number 3

What happened to Lindner, I thought it was ahead of Steyr?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #230  
I agree. For those who make a living with their tractor, technology is a necessity. And dramatically increases production.

My large farmer friend's planting tractor is GPS guided. It can space the rows within 1/2" pulling a 60ft wide 24 row planter at 10mph. Try that without a computer.

Yes. Large AG, Construction equipment.....I agree and I use this technology. They are revenue producing machines. I can afford when something fails because they make money.

But I certainly don't want gadgets and electronics and actuators to lift my mowing deck at home, LOL. I like my simple mechanical Kubota. My yard can certainly support a larger mowing tractor but I do not want emission systems and electronics in my personal life. So I stay at my 26 h.p. limit for that and just make more passes.