Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #271  
Just comparing those tractors I did try, the JDs seemed to me to have a louder whine than the Kubota HST+. I've no doubt other models differ.
But I still don't understand why any of them whine, and they all do.
My theory is they cut corners somewhere on purpose so it would make the HST+ seem like a night and day difference instead of just some added gears and more ranges.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #272  
My theory is they cut corners somewhere on purpose so it would make the HST+ seem like a night and day difference instead of just some added gears and more ranges.

Cut corners on purpose? Naw, I can't go along with that. It has too much of a "conspiracy theory" flavor for me. And where would be the advantage?

I agree it seems Kubotas HST+ is available & proven technology that makes a big difference. So why don't other tractor manufacturers use it too? No idea.

Now on our third or fourth HST oil change I know that different HST oils whine a little differently. I would have bet that as long as it was a premium trans/hydraulic oil they would sound the same. After all, engine oils all sound the same. But not hydraulic oils.

In spite of all the whining, I've not read many HST failures here on TBN.
rScotty